Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Suggestion: Add News to Front Page

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey everyone,

I'm aware that some have voiced their concerns over a lack of communication between the devs and the users, which has resulted in a feeling that "nothing" is getting done by some. Some of the prospective users have also voiced their concerns over this issue. So here's my suggestion:

Add news to the front page! It could cover new versions released (I think it would be great if on the front page there was some text that just said something to the tune of "Current Version 5.2.1"), popular new skins/effects/etc., or even some news from some of the more "famous" DJ's that use the software...

I just think that there needs to be something on the front page that communicates to users that both the site and the software are constantly being updated.

Inviato Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 12:43 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
advertising future developments would be commercial suicide, you have features listed in products section, maybes a more predominantly placed link in the general forums for "new users" to this page may help you...

Inviato Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 2:33 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The website is the front door. The sales pitch comes from the forums. This is where people will find out what is in the software and what is going on.

We don't advertise what we are working on and we don't advertise when we are releasing a new version. I am sorry that people are currently waiting for the next version and feel that nothing is going on. But I can assure you and anyone else reading this thread that the Development Team is working on the next version... when they are ready to put it to beta is will go to beta, and when it's ready for release it will come to the community.

Inviato Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
I am sorry that people are currently waiting for the next version and feel that nothing is going on.

May I remind everyone VDJ/ATOMIX just celebrated its tenth anniversary. And VDJ is only now on v5.2r1. We have been a tad spoiled the last couple of years. Lets all enjoy how well this version works, before we start pushing for the next.

Inviato Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:28 pm
chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
My apologies, it seems that what I wrote has been misinterpreted.

I wasn't suggesting posting any information about upcoming releases... I was merely saying that when a release is made, maybe a note on the front page about it would be a good idea.

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 9:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
99% of the users bookmark the forums -- not the front page. That is why we post a release notice in the General Forums when they occur.
And when a NEW download is available the Download Center button will change color, just like the 'My Private Messages' changes color when you have a new PM.

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 1:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)