Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: My first gig

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago I was asked for my first gig (a birthday party) as a DJ, I just have a little problem, the music!!!

I don't know a sh*t about the music i was asked to play.
The genres I need to have some music from are the kind of rock they play at partys, some electro, dance, and so on

So what's my question?

can someone give me a list of some good music I need to play??

Greetz

Scratcher1993

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:42 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i would advise you to check out my VDJ-testdrive-set. It has a wide variety of musical genres that are playable at a party. Things like rnb, rap, electro,techno,80´s and more. Maybe you will get a idea or two by listening to it. You may also like to check out the mix´s done by the other great djs that contribute to this board.

If you want to do a party and you are not known to this kind of music make sure you get tracks/artists that are respected by the listeners. Remember UB40 sounds like reggae but real raggaefans would lynch you for playing it at a dancehalljam. Also Vanilla Ice aint Rap and so on....
Check out other topics on this board like "what tunes are doing it","alltime favorites" and others. You will for sure get a good idea out of it ;) peace

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 10:36 am
Ok, thanks

I sure will do

greetz

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 1:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)