Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iTouchMidi & Midi control with iPhone - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Ok I havnt seen this on the forum yet, so I'll post it so all you iPhone users can check it out:

http://www.itouchmidi.com/

I have tried the iTouch Midi DJ app .. has a few minor bugs, but really works amazingly well mostly, and is ridiculously simple to set up and use.

Check it out!

Orange

Inviato Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 9:19 am
DJ SaudHome userMember since 2007
How do you connect virtual dj to iTM DJ once you've downloaded & installed itouch midi?

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 3:58 pm
DJ Saud wrote :
How do you connect virtual dj to iTM DJ once you've downloaded & installed itouch midi?

hi,

i've looked through the iTM site, looks like it connects by WI-FI, so you'll need a network to go with this.

but once connected, you get controls on the iPod/phone screen and it uses the 'tilt' sensor for commands, too.

Tilt?? great, but what would happen if you get a call??

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 9:42 pm
DJ SaudHome userMember since 2007
Lol, I haven't gotten a call while using it...yet. Actually I can get the prgm to work w/ other DJ'ing prgms(which will remain nameless). But the fact of the matter is that I love Virtual DJ! I just can't figure out how to configure the midi set up btwn iTM DJ & VDJ...

Inviato Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 11:36 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been using that lately and it works really well. Mostly for the cool factor and the ability to make changes while away from the booth. There are a few interfaces to chose from and the DJ one is probably most useful, for DJ's at least ;) but I wouldn't suggest using it as your primary controller. Each interface is another $5.99 on iTunes, or I think there is a special deal if you buy them all.

The VDJ documentation is pretty good at showing how to map MIDI controllers, and is actually very intuitive, but PM me if you can't figure it out and I'd be happy to walk you through it. The hardest part is getting the Wifi working because it depends on your computer, but if you have it working with another DJ s/w then you are past that point already.

Inviato Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 3:09 pm
I tried setting this up last night. Wifi connection had already been done, midi mapping in VDJ is dead easy, however the actual app on the iphone kept freezing after one keypress.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Inviato Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 6:59 am

wow you get all the bugs dont you ;)

Inviato Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 8:00 am
Yeah LOL, but the ipod app is only £3.50 and got released last week so I don't feel too bad about that one! yet!
I thought after 10 years of digital DJ'ing it would get easier but maybe not .....

Inviato Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 8:02 am
jbac21Home userMember since 2007
I have been able to connect it through wifi but i cant manage to get it working with VDJ. Can sum one help me?

Inviato Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 2:28 pm
WOW this program is great hahah, for £3.50 (or whatever that exact price is).

Works fine with Virtual DJ, and is great for annoying other dj's lolol you can have great fun making them look silly, especially LIVE :)......can you imagine the face, really it was priceless, sweating and everything lolol im crewl i know

If you are at a live gig you need to set up a private wireless network which can be done using you laptop, no need for routers etc.

Check out the installation guide below

http://www.itouchmidi.com/?q=node/228

Be careful when you map the device when you use another controller so that they dont interrupt each other.

Inviato Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 8:13 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I thought after 10 years of digital DJ'ing it would get easier but maybe not .....

yup i thought digital djing made it easier...i didnt really get into regular djing only for like about 3 years..then i came to vdj...but i think maybe we should go back to old skool...jajaja...all these bugs...certain drivers...certian ram...certain sound card,certain Bit [64 or 32 bit],certian laptop,certian native software product...its a pain in the ass....oh well im living with it till the end....lol...
oh and havent done 10 years im not old enough still TOO YOUNG...

Inviato Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 9:09 am
Ok no matter what i do i cant get this workin??? Any advice

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:25 pm
Ok, i set this up myself in about 10 minutes the other day.

Ensure both you PC/Mac and the iPhone/iTouch and connected to the same Wifi network.

Install iTouchMidi onto your Mac or PC.
Install iTM DJ onto your iPhone or iTouch

Ensure iTouchMidi is running (on Mac you get a Midi Port "icon" appear on the menu bar - i would assume the same logo on the taskbar in windows)
Load iTM DJ on your iPhone and you will see a list of available Midi Receviers (mine is displayed as the name of my Mac).
Connect.

Load VDJ and activate general midi - program like any normal midi device.

Any problems feel free to PM me.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 4:37 am
Did u have to install midi yoke to use this as well as I had communication to my phone, but that was it. When I tried to start the app on the desktop i got errors.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 2:40 pm
The errors are no input or output midi, but when I activate it on the ipod, it sees it and communicates, im lost

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 2:43 pm
Ok of the guys runnin this are any of u runnin it on Vista 64???

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 3:13 pm
Hmmm .... I wouldn't touch Vista at all, let alone the X64 version. XP SP3 for me!

I'll load it up agan on my new netbook this weekend and let you know what happens, although I can't see Vista being the problem here.

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 1:00 am
Um ok there, yes its a Windows thing. I loaded a third party app which allowed this to function. Those with OSX have no issue. Vista bashing pisses me off to no end as my gig machine runs great. This is on my home pc that i am trying. If u have nothing to add then dont bash me as i use vista. Like i said as soon as i download the ipmidi program demo all was well. I am not paying $80 to use my ipod to control vdj. Read the description on the homepage and it tells u to download midi yoke to control it, however there is no way that i have found to make that work on Vista. If u can make that work please let me know how u did it.

Im moody today so dont take any offence to this... :)

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 1:13 am
LOL, life would be so dull without Vista bashing, x64 just adds a bit more fun!

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 4:09 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
32 bits more to be exact!

Yea I have Vista Ultimate 32bit on my back up laptop and it does seem to work ok. But not nearly as good as my desktop w/ XP SP3. That is not a bash, it is my experience.

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 09 @ 4:51 pm
50%