Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ipod support

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I´ve been looking for ipod support for the Virtual DJ, it would be a nice feature, you could use the music stored on your ipod for mixing.

Inviato Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 12:27 am
Or another iPod someone brings to you.
At a party, another entertainer, or 3 DJ's who all use VDJ?

Ross

Inviato Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 8:52 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
would not advise using anybody's music other than on a cd, even then i'd virus check it before using if playing out of a lappy, you don't know that they might have on the drive Ross.

Inviato Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 3:58 pm
True. I was just thinking from the point of view, there may be a group of 3 of us who are about to start our own night together and rather than switch lappy, just all have our own music on iPod.
Valid point though.

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 7:07 pm
mekingPRO InfinityMember since 2009
OMG!!
i should have done my homework before i bought the vdj.. i been using scratch and i come over to vdj for the inexpensive video djing.. most of my music i use is on my ipod!!

Inviato Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 1:40 am
There's no reason you cannot use your music stored on the ipod. Sure Virtual DJ cannot read the iPod database, but the iPod is a mass storage device afterall. That means once the songs have been added to your search database and their tags are scanned you can still use them.

Also please consider registering your software:
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Inviato Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 12:50 pm
works fine for me.. if you wanna make it simple make a playlist in itunes that goes to the music on the ipod and then just enable the itunes playlists in the browser and it should come up if you select the itunes playlist containing your ipod stuff... or if you use a playlist/mp3tag software to make you a m3u file that goes to the ipod and put the m3u file in the playlist directory in vdj (i do this and it works great..)
mp3tag 2.2 (free program, google it) reads the ipod library from the ipod and can save it as a playlist or html file or any other possible way you can think of for that matter... good luck.. T

Inviato Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 9:51 am

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 5:42 am
OK THERE IS A WAY TO DO THIS. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN RIP YOUR MUSIC OFF YOUR IPOD WITH I-DUMP. ITS A FREE SOFTWARE THAT LETS YOU COPY YOUR SONGS FROM YOUR IPOD TO YOUR PC. ONCE YOU DO ALL THAT, OPEN "MY COMPUTER". OPEN THE DRIVE YOUR IPOD IS ON. IF YOU HAVE ROOM IN YOUR IPOD, GET YOUR PLAYLIST OR EVERY SONG YOU WANT AND PLACE THEM IN THE IPOD DRIVE. WHEN YOU COPY ALL YOUR SONGS TO YOUR IPOD DRIVE YOUR DONE.

OPEN UP VIRTUAL DJ AND ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE FIND YOUR IPOD DRIVE. THERE IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL THE MUSIC YOU COPIED TO IT. AND THERE YOU GO. A CLEAN SET FOR ANY PARTY. NEVER FAILED ME YET.

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:37 pm
it wont let me view link

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 2:52 pm
and how about u all buy a USB stick with 16 Gigs and u can doo al this but with less problems :D

Inviato Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 4:14 pm
dj-dario11 wrote :
and how about u all buy a USB stick with 16 Gigs and u can doo al this but with less problems :D

Agreed, or how about a pocket-sized external hard drive, they're smaller than a grilled cheese sandwich.

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 8:02 am
Agreed, or how about a pocket-sized external hard drive, they're smaller than a grilled cheese sandwich.

this is even better than my option :D

Inviato Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 11:49 am
jaffiHome userMember since 2010
you can play a music from an ipod, its just not intended.
you have to go to the ipod drive (my computer and then click the ipod) then u have to select show hidden files and folders
(on windows vista: organize, folder and search options, view, show hidden files and folders).
then u go to the properties of the folder "ipod control" and uncheck "hidden" and when u click ok then select "do this for all subfolders and files".
open up the ipod control folder, go to "music" and there you should find alot of folders called F00, F01, F02 and so on.
now they are not hidden so in VDJ you can go to computer, <your ipod>, ipod control, music, and any of the 50 folders
hovever if you want it all to be in 1 folder or 2 folders or whatever then you can just move them around, i moved all my songs from theyr folders to the F00 folder, as long as they are all in any of the F## folders they can be played in both VDJ and on your ipod

Inviato Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 4:36 pm
jaffiHome userMember since 2010
this is a very annoying proccess but its the only way i know and now i have saved meking if he hasnt bought the scratch video DJ

Inviato Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 4:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This topic is over a year old and isn't even really directly related to VirtualDJ.

Topic locked.

Inviato Sun 20 Jun 10 @ 7:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)