Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best Soundcard for Mac....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Whats up everybody, ordering my new macbook pro in the next few days and was just wondering what the best soundcard for a mac is. I am currently using the Dj IO soundcard and was wondering if I should upgrade my soundcard when I upgrade from Pc to Mac... Thanks for the help!

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 5:06 pm
From my personal experince I whole-heartedly recommend Edirol FA-66 without any reservations.

Pros:

- Uses Firewire. USB sounds cards mostly suck, and that's all there is to it :)
- CoreAudio compatible. No drivers needed, just plug it in and you're good to go.
- Great sound quality.
- Can draw power from FW-bus, no external PSU needed.
- Very stable, never had a single problem with it.
- All the output channels are balanced jacks and therefor less prone to line noise.

Cons:

- Quite expensive, but then again what pro hardware isn't? Still, it's worth every penny.
- The input connections are good for recording, but a bit wonky if you plan to use some kind of TCV/TCCD-setup.
- Only two output channels. This is not a big issue if you have a two channel mixer, but in the future you might want to play samples through a third channel etc.

Edirol also has the "big brother" model FA-101 which has more input/output channels...and naturally it's more expensive :)

It's also worth noting that your new MacBook Pro has FW800 connector, while most Firewire sound cards still use the FW400 connector. This means you will have to buy a FW800 <--> FW400 adaptor cable, since most FW sound cards are shipped only with a FW400 <--> FW400 cable.

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 7:21 am
I'm replying to also find out what others recommend. I was fortunate enough to already have the Conectiv soundcard from M-Audio's Torq. Since purchasing VDJ about a month ago, the Conectiv has been working perfectly. But I too would like to know what users prefer.

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 7:25 am
i have the DJ IO too, not to impressed i am patiently waiting (starting to get agitated) until Omni control is natively supported. Just as an added tip, if you are into producing etc its an absolute must for all Mac users.... Apogee Duet (or any apogee range) They are made exclusively for mac's and work without a glitch, rocky solid and just pure class i really could not tell you have much i love them.

If the Apogee duet only supported the use of haveing the headphone port as another audio channel it would be the ultimate DJ Sound card... sad i know, i really wish i could use it at clubs, most reliable sound-card i have ever used.

I am even tempted to buy another duet for headphone monitoring, but i dont trust the multiple sound card option, seems to be unstable for me.

Well done on the Mac pro btw, you wont be disappointed, its rocks.

Hope that helped.

DJJarman.com - check out my latest mixtapes and songs.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 2:07 pm
I am using the stanton finalscratch and love it. I am also using a denon dn-hc4500 and that has a built in sound card so i do use both. But the stanton is a sick card! Good luck!

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 10:47 pm
djsmitdog69 wrote :
I am using the stanton finalscratch and love it. I am also using a denon dn-hc4500 and that has a built in sound card so i do use both. But the stanton is a sick card! Good luck!

From the perspective of someone being on the lookout for a new sound card, Stanton Final Scratch as one major distantage. It's a discontinued product so it's available only second hand.

Inviato Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 4:38 am
dhwaniPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi thr , am usin audiogram6 ( yamaha ) as of now , want to upgrade to a better one , how are apogee duet2 or apogee symphony as options ... i primarily play video files thru VDJ ...the format is .avi , the sample rate 48khz / 16 bits

wil appreciate advice

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 6:47 am
Moderated: Selling is not permitted on the VirtualDJ forums - Please read the forum rules.

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 10:35 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 1:18 pm
Sorry about that, What I meant to say is I have a brand new Stanton Final Scratch thats never been used and yes it is a great sound card.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 8:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)