Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Linux Client

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all, I know that there is a guy somewhere who usese wine to use vdj on linux, but i was wondering if the dev-team will port it to linux in the near fututer, most well coded programs can be ported to linux and other platforms (doom3/quake 3/planeshift/neverwinter nights/ open office). :D i would buy a linux verson for sure...

Inviato Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 12:48 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The problem is in general DirectX (PC) or Core Audio (MAC) are more known than ALSA (Linux) for sounds but maybe in the future, who knows

Inviato Wed 09 Mar 05 @ 1:07 pm
isondelHome userMember since 2005
I'm also a linux user. So I can't buy the virtual DJ (I don't know if it will work fine with Wine).
If there was a linux version, I would be interested in buying it

Inviato Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 9:21 am
I have just installed Wine. Waaaaouuuu it's a very powerful emulator of Windows for Linux. I didn't know it. Thank you very much

Installation of Virtual DJ full version v2.06 works without errors but i don't understand for the moment where the files are and how to launch the software. I have never installed a windows program on Linux before that, it's very strange but it works like on Windows lol

If someone knows Wine and help me, i could test Virtual DJ on Linux. Reply here

Inviato Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 2:11 pm
There is WineX too, another version of Wine

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 4:57 am
zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
as I heard it won't work properly in wine when using tcv. so in my opinion not useful. It is not that easy to develop commercial products for Linux- there are issues with GPL and compatibility problems with a lot of libraries, anyway I'd appreciate seeing a Linux version too.

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 6:27 pm

Inviato Sat 07 May 05 @ 11:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)