Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to mix "Akon - right now"?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys... i personally think that akon's right now is a pretty amazing track. it packs a lot of energy, and it always always gets the crowd moving. the thing is, its not dj friendly. By that i mean that its pretty hard to mix it in because of its intro. The BPM at the vocal intro fluctuates quite a bit. I dont think its only me who feels this way, I've heard quite a few other deejays just brake the song they are playing and then bring this track in. I'd quite like to know how you guys mix this track in.

If you know of any good funkymix's or house mixes of this song, please do share it too. Thanks and hope to hear from yall!

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 4:23 pm
i dont use funky mixes as it makes it too easy. send me Ur email and ill send u a mix of what im talking about

Inviato Wed 06 May 09 @ 2:41 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If sending email 1 and 1 basis, pls use the PM and not the open forum ok;)

Inviato Thu 07 May 09 @ 1:28 am
GileyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey DJ Sonance. The main "problems" with that track is that it starts without a beat, plus its tempo is 69bpm or 138 bpm (whether you decide its being played half or doubletime, but don't worry about that). Basically when I look at my song collection (in that similar genre) I can't find that many songs that play around the same tempo. One I have found is "Pussycat Dolls - Jay ho" which is at something like 136 bpm, so its easier to sync those two, but I'm sure there are others. The intro of "Right now" is 8 bars (32 beats) so what you can do is go straight to when the beat kicks in (the first chorus) then move back 32 beats with the -8 button, press the sync button and then press play when you reach the end of one of the last cycles (32 beats) of the previous song. That way, you get akon's verse on top of song 1's outro almost as if it were an acapella. If you want to, pm me your email address and I can send you a clip of how that would sound.

Greetings from Switzerland

Inviato Fri 15 May 09 @ 9:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)