Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

What would u say if u hired a DJ and all he came to the event with just a laptop to rock on, no cd scratcher just speakers and a laptop. A dj is supposed to play a song. Two to two & half min what if its a remix?and the featured artist is at the end of song.

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 7:45 am
i dont get holmes....u mean wut i would think of that dj???

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 7:49 am
Yea what would u think of that DJ? Wait let me guess, as long as he rocks it doesn't matter...... Ok well what is the purpose of beat setting? Is that where u create your on beat to blend in a song? What's the purpose of the jingle

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 10:48 am
personally me i look at djs the way they mix and have the atmosphere going..i seen a lot of not so good djs..that really dont even know what beatmixing is...they think just because they have a Mixing software...and a mixer...push play and thats it...well i really dont like those kind of people..take credit for something they arnt...also the way they keep the atmosphere...like lets say he has one type of genre and kills it with a totally different kind...like putting on spanish music at a hip hop convention..it will kill it..

me being mexican i do partys for latinos...and i know how to get things goin..ive seen some djs with a laptop a software mixer..and all they do is push play on one deck and the same on the other...they dont know the concept of beatmatching and i know half of them dont even know beatmatching is a word..so i understand your point...just because he has a laptop doesnt mean he is ganna let the software mix by itself..some djs like ME...manuallyy mix it LIVE...no automix none of that shit...so i come thru with my computer..but it aint going to be automated...i still beat match..and know what songs go where and at what certain time... like i said..some software djs know what they are doing..sum dont..this software just makes it easier for those wanna be authentic djs..im not THE BEST dj around doing stunts and trics and miracle but i know my stuff...

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 11:48 am
Oh and a jingle would be like lets say most radio stations have thier jingle like for say "x 102.3 da Hottest music around in west palm" in other words its a drop man....like mines is " DEJAYYY TELLEEYYY!!" dats my jingle i play on my mixes...and that dj better know what hes doing too..he better not kill the atmosphere...needs to know his shit...im not just ganna get a dj that thinks kuz he gots the software and just pushes play and bam thats it..he needs to know his shit....

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 11:50 am

Thanks for your input....... I am the DJ with the laptop they call me DJ GET BUSY....... I just wanted someone else opinion instead of my buddies cause I think they sugar coat. ( I don't want that) I am not one of those Dj u were talkin bout, I've been Djin for two years practice frequently. Listen to mysf all the time. So I got the concept of beat matchin but I learn more everyday. So don't worry I will be beat matchin cuttin brakin & all that good stuff. Ì thnk this summer will b opportunistic for me....... Thanks.

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 1:11 pm
dat was a good one man...kuz ur homies were ganna sugar coat it...practice makes perfect...if its something u really like it you really ganna get good at it...peace ese...:D!!!

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 1:27 pm
Being a DJ is not only about beatmatching and fading the songs "from left to right". A good DJ should know how to arrange his songs order, build up the atmosphere and use a variety of unpredictable mixing and remix skills. If you can't beatmatch perfectly, why not let the technology do it for you. You can build your creativity on other parts. These days, technology has provided us a lot of new tricks and functions to make the song much more interesting.

I wouldn't mind to hire a DJ who just come in with a laptop to play the music as long as the results are as good as those using turntables or CDJs. What actually matters to me is what comes out from the speakers. :)

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 5:59 am
You'll probably get some strange looks on the way in, but if you rock the party, you'll get appreciation and the proverbial "pat on the back" on the way out ;)

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 2:35 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)