Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: key code determination

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

a way for vdj to determine the keycode of the track in order to mix harmonicaly.

Inviato Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 2:01 pm
would love to see that as a new feature or as a plugin

as of now, there is not

Inviato Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 3:09 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Enough with plugins...
Things like this, must be integrated.
For stability, easy of use etc...
Just my opinion Dj in Norway.

But it has been requested already.

Inviato Wed 23 Mar 05 @ 10:11 pm
This should be part of basic djinng everyone should learn the keycodes.....just in case some of you didnt get the link here:
http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/overview/easymix.mv
Learn this chart then try and hear the keys on your own.....eventually you can and you will never mix the same again.....I promise
Regards
Andre

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 3:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I too would love to see this feature, I've grown out of "mix aids" currently avalaible such as BPM and the great wave form feature, but key detection and key matching would be ideal, that would be a serious help and a serious advantage/edge..,To take that worry away.

Furthermore, what (imo) would be fantastic would be if every song of the same key, was the same colour in the playlist, e.g D major in red, B major in green etc.., or to be less prominent, to have more mild colour differences.

It would then be very easy to identify what songs will match (in harmonics), and also a "search" by colour in the playlist would be yet another great enhancement.

perhaps the only negative side of this would be that some people would avoid entirely mixing into a non compaitable key, I think that would be a mistake because there are many ways of avoiding sour mixes, e.g drum parts, bass switch etc..

My thoughts, Bagpuss

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 5:50 pm
Good point.....You can mix from any song to another if you are doing it in a drum break
but the bass is the same as the melody just not so obvious.
It has taken time but i have entered all the keys and keycodes in the comment box,so if i clik on the tab....
The colors for the differents keys is also a good idea
Regards
Andre

Inviato Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 1:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)