Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: project 1: sl 1200mk2 Blue light

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I completed a project with changing the light in a sl1200mk2.
Since the project has many photos i decided not to upload them in the forum but to "create" a freesite
with all photos and details gathered together.
total budget ~4 euros and time spent ~2 hours.
Anyone to take a look------> http://djvolis.4t.com
regards

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 9:45 am
Hi. Great work djvolis!

I've also performed this mod, only with auqua-colored LEDs. I've also swapped the bulbs in the pop-up lights with superbright LEDs. The latter was a little harder, and more complicated, but not that hard really. The good thing about the leds (apart from the higher light intensity) is that they never burn out.

For a guide on changing the popup-light, as well as tons of other usefull Technics info check out

http://info.bergenteknomafia.com/tech/links/

As a supplement to the pop-up guide you will find there, I actually found it to be favourable to "mess up" the white plastic-piece inside the aluminium-pipe with the soldering iron get it to fit with the led. Also i filled it with silicone-glue to fix the led (by fixing I mean placing it, not repairing it) instead of using a hot-glue gun (As i found the hot-glue to harden to rapidly.)

A good place to order leds is from www.superbrightleds.com. Very quick delivery! (I live in Norway, and got my shipment two days later, and that was by standard mail-service.) I payed 25$ for enough leds for both my decks and then some (it can be a good idea to order e few more than you need as the leds might get broken if you are not fast enough with the soldering-iron.

I would not reccomend using very cheap leds with low light intensity. I used such initially, but the result was pretty dull and I ended up doing the mod over with superbright ones. For the strobe and popup, I wouldn't go for anything below 1500mcd. It's easy enough to find cheap 5mm LEDS with that intensity, a little harder to find 3mm ones (for the popup)

For the RPM-buttons I think the superbright 3mm leds are to bright as the light is actually somewhat blinding. I placed some small pieces of diffusion gel (filters for film-lighting) inside the buttons to dampen the light, but you can also use a small piece of a white plastic-bag or similar (since the LED don't get hot). Of course you can aslo just use LEDs of a lower intencity, if you can get the same color.

For the popup-light I recommend not getting a led with a viewing angle less than 30 degrees.

Happy modding!

Inviato Thu 24 Mar 05 @ 1:42 pm
hey man thanks for the feedback!!!
my new project is to create a panel attached to mk2 with large knobs of effects loops etc, and also to repace the target light bulb with a brite led.
about the site(superbrightleds.com) it hasn't blue rectangular for the pitch...:(
now for the rpm buttons (i pretty like the bright led to be honest) i wanted a fully reversible situation thats why i didn't put any gel or film.. althought that later i included a tiny resistor and did the work perfect!!

so... happy moding to you too!!!!;)

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 9:54 pm
Djvolis,

Your pics dont show up (only one did), only a message that says "remote linking forbidden, please upgrade your account"

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 5:43 am
hey killabee,
I tried with fiefox, mozilla and IE it work great.
since it is not remote linking is the site it self,
try again if you like....------->>>>djvolis.4t.com or www.djvolis.4t.com

Inviato Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 1:24 am
I know they don't have rectangular LED's at "superbright", but I've also performed the click-removal mod on the pitch fader, so the rectangular one doesn't light up anyway. I highly reccomend removing the click on the pitch fader, as it makes beatmatching around +-0% that much easier. The click itself is not the biggest problem, but after a while (when the fader gets a little worn) you will have 2 points for zero, and thats needless to say pretty annoying. Alternatively you can easily add a switch for the quartzlock zero (allthogh I have not done so due to lack of good looking switches...)

As for the pannel of knobs for the TT's: Me too. I've just ripped open an old keyboard. But I'm on a very tight budget (totally blew my montly budget on music), so I'm not sure I'll pull of something worth posting here.

BTW your site worked for me (Opera and IE6)

Inviato Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 1:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)