Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules DJ Console fixed - Latency fixed

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

You may remember a while back I posted a message about the Hercules DJ console and the rubber keys being fixed with conductive paint from the automtive store. Well, that didn't last so I scraped it off and continued to research the problem.

I am happy to report that I discovered a way to repair the problem with much better results!

I am very pleased how quick it responds with the cue/play button. When I press stop it stops. When I press start, it starts. The stuttering cue works GREAT. I love it.

Futher testing is required and I eventually plan to offer a service to repair the DJ Consules for other DJ's

Stay tuned for more info!

WirelessDJ

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 6:19 pm
Is it a secret what you did? We know the conductive paint is not the answer. So what is? Don't leave us in the dark Wireless! :-)

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 7:46 pm
Oh no, this one is top secret man. this sh_t works baby.

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 7:57 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried some of my sh_t and I'm still having problems...I'll try dog sh_t tonight and report my results.

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 8:55 pm
I think that's a really sh_tty thing to do... (@ wireless) This community is supposed to be for SHARING tips, tricks and suggestions...

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 9:11 pm
Maybe we're all supposed to guess what it is and see who gets it right. I have a pretty good guess, but guess what? My guess is a secret!

Inviato Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 11:50 pm
OK, here is some background but no schematics for you kiddies...

When you operate a mechanical switch, the contacts usually bounce for up to a millisecond after closure. Some switches can bounce for up to 50ms, This can wreak havoc in circuits that are sensitive to the multiple transitions, such as edge triggered logic circuits. For example suppose you have a counter triggered by a pushbutton switch. Due to the bounces the counter may be incremented by more than button. This is a well-known problem of mechanical switches. Basically, switch bouncing is unavoidable, so the solution is to make the circuit insensitive to the multiple transitions yet still remain usable.

I was able to reduce the bouncing on the switches with mininal modifications to the HDC. The results were amazing. In fact, I had another DJ TRY my modification and said he saw a NOTICABLE difference in the response time!! Before, he swore the HDC was crap because he could not stutter like he does on his pioneer CD decks.

The bad news is: Right after he walked out of my store, the 'right' cue stutter started giving me problems again. :-(

Obviously I have some more work to do. I may need to employ the talent of my engineer friend who knows more about this 'dog sh_t'

hehe
WirelessDJ

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 3:58 am
sounds very interessting Wireless :)

Hopefully u will find a cure ;) and I would love to give my Herc a treatment for the better :)

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 7:27 pm

Here is a video of how it works. Note: I am stuttering the cue button as fast as I can, and it starts every time (on both decks)

http://home.comcast.net/~wirelessdj/MOV00863.MPG

At the end you can hear me yelling to my business partner, "That's it. Gimmie my lunch!"

WirelessDJ

Inviato Sat 26 Mar 05 @ 9:27 pm
nice!!

looks very responsive...wow

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 3:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)