Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pitch/speed/tempo

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey experts!

yeah thats right..monkie the beginner here having a good question for you...ok ok ill get to my point!

thing is, when i increase the pitch on a song..it speeds up the beat (which is what i want) but it also increases the speed of the vocal..so the voice pitch....now i dont know if this exists but ive seen this on other mixers yet i find there so much hard to mix and blend in comparasion to atmomx or better yet, this VDJ!

so i guess, what im asking is, if there's individual controls for the pitch of the song (where u can increase/decrease the pitchvoice of the song played) and the Speed (where you can increase/decrease the bpm level) hope you guys can help me out..i think this is the last tool i need to offically start mixin at a bar thurs nights :D

Take Care/hit me up and keep the music spinnin!
MonkiE

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 10:51 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Currently, pitch shifting function is only avalible as a plugin ("Keyshifter" by macourteau), and has a ~ 100ms of latency making it useless for mixing phurposes. While "tempo only" shifting is already avalible by enabling Time Stretch function under FAME settings, which has a very poor quality to be honest (try it yourself).

It will probably be improved in near future, but who knows when...

Regards.

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 11:04 am
You will be mixing at a bar with a demo??

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 11:23 am
Alright, so i guess im out of luck until someone creates a plug-in...

and no im not using this fullversion software of VDJ, im using this as a first step to being an actual one. plus i can mix okay, i use this mainly for making small files and slapping them in my car to listen to...simply for entertainment. but when it comes to the bar..ill be doing hands on, at least i know the buttons and featers..i just have to pratice with it hands on.

alright well thanks anyways...i guess the only free program that has the split up of those three features (master tempo/pitch/speed) is mixvibes... Well Thanks anyways.

MonkiE

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 6:19 pm
dont think you got the correct answer, my friend

VDJ is like any pro cd player...

The PITCH speeds up and down the song... (and also the voice) BUT, if you choose MASTER TEMPO on, the voice will change key... so that it does not "speed up"

Just like any pro hardware... and also, just like mixvibes...
its the same

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 8:34 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry norway, but he did got the right answer ;) He needs those features SPLIT, the way traktor has two separate sliders - 1 tempo, 1 pitch.

Regards.

Inviato Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 11:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)