Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording with TCV

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm wondering if anyone has figured this out yet...I've tried and can't seem to get it to work with my setup. Using TCV and Maya 44 soundcard. Have a laptop with only a mic in on the onboard soundcard. The 4 Maya inputs are used up naturally so I figured I take my record out of the mixer and with an adaptor put it in my mic in and use a different program to record. Problem A. Didn't record. Problem B. made the sound coming out of the mixer/speakers sound like crap. Anyone have a setup they used that can share. Do I need another soundcard? I noticed anewsome uses a whole other laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 10:17 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can't go in and out of a soundcard at the same time, or any device for that matter. i'm not familar with the maya44 but i know it has many inputs. i would try another soundcard, just a simple one for the input to record, an handy old pc is a nice thing to have in this case

Inviato Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 11:57 pm
as I understand, he IS using a different soundcard than Maya to record (his onboard soundcard)

Its possible to record the input for the onboard soundcard with a different program...

1. You need to set the onboard soundcard to "listen" to the mic input (usually in record settings, and check the mic as a record device)

2. Please consider that the mic input is usually both mono and low level volume, so that you have to adjust the mixer output so that the sound is not to high when using mic as record

3. It would be a lot better to get a cheap soundblaster or other standard usb soundcard with line in :)

Inviato Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 12:40 am

Inviato Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 1:21 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks guys...I'll try Norway's thoughts and read the thread Double OO. Thanks a bunch for seemingly always being there in hours to answer a question. I figured I needed a cheap soundcard to record. What software do you use to record? I have CakeWalk...although it's the most confusing thing I've ever seen I'm guessing one of the buttons must be record. Haven't spent any time with it:)

Inviato Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 3:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)