Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Broadcasting with seperate USB Mic

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello there!

Maybe this quesion is already answered, but I couldn't find it. I have VDj 6.0 with the Hercules RMX and a Samson C01U USB mic. How can I broadcast my radio show throughout VDJ, 'cause I can't get it to work. The last time I tried, the listeners could hear everything what I was doing, while I thought the Mic was disabled.

But even thought, is it possible to work with 2 seperate hardware devices? Both have their own soundcard...

Right now I still use SAM Broadcaster, wich works great. But doesn't work with the RMX Dj console. Ofcourse i'd rather use the Dj console during my radio shows, but i also talk a lot.

Looking forward to your reactions

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 6:50 am
Anyone???

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 7:33 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi djmash22,

maybe the wrong place, lol! ;-)
You use the V6?
I believe you mean your actual 5.2.2 from your RMX Limited Edition ;-)

I don't understand why you use a USB mic, when you can use all the features from the RMX MiC Port.
I don't own a RMX, but when i'm informed right, the RMX has the TalkOver Function embedded.
But i heard from a lot of RMX User, not all mics working pretty well with the RMX.
You need a mic with a low Ohm range.

Hope it helps a little bit.
Haui

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 7:52 am
Thanks for your reply.

Well, I use the USB mic, because I had that already before I got the RMX. I use the RMX and VDJ for what it was ment to be, dj'ing. I've always used SAM Broadcaster for my radio station. But...because I'd like to try it with VDJ, I came to this problem. But I believe it isn't possible to broadcast on the same professional base with VDJ. Not that I''m unsatisfied with SAM Broadcaster, but I thought it would be great to control my radio shows with the RMX. The problem in VDJ is, when I click broadcast and cofigure it to Master + MIC....you can hear everything that the mic is recording. I can't find a button in VDJ which allows you to disable the mic when recording. (Also tried other skins, but didn't work out...)

The Mic input on the RMX is ok, but formerly I was a podcaster, so I've invested a lot in those day's in my recording equipment. It's a USB Studio Condenser mic (with it's own soundcard) and also a professional radio-arm stative (If I say that correctly in English...) that you can turn in every direction when you have guests for example...

Anyway...I believe it's not gonna work between me and VDJ... Well...between broadcasting and VDJ ofcourse haha... Think I just keep using VDJ (and the RMX) for the weekends when I have to work at the club.

Thanks anyway!

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:25 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
What a pity!

Otherwise i would like to say it is not a fault of VDJ. :-)
I have a short look to the manual of your mic and maybe a way could be to mute the mic by an click. (Windows)
But i believe it is not comfortable, otherwise. Why not!

lol, build in a little on/off switch in your mic. ;-)

Just jocking.

i knew there was a mic-plugin the Pro Area, but i didn't found it.
Sorry!

Have fun
Haui

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 1:25 pm
Yeah ofcourse that's possible, but not handy. In SAM Broadcaster I can push the F11 button and the Mic is muted. Thanks for your help man!

Inviato Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 7:53 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)