Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PRINTING: SONG LISTS

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

a) Print out a list of file names in a mp3 or wave folder

b) Print out a list of file names of songs played

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 8:21 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
b) It's written in the "history.txt" file in the virtualdj folder by default or you can save it manually inside the settings -> infos section

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 9:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
a) You can print out the files in a folder with a command line in MS-Dos or cmd with winXP. I can't remember what command to type out. But if you contact me, my mail is in my blog, i will explain you how to do.

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 12:30 pm
for question a)

Windows Start -> type "cmd" then click ok
at the DOS prompt i.e. c:/> ...doesn't matter what prompt you see as long as you are in a DOS window..
type the following EXAMPLE command to include the path to the folder containing your .MP3 files.

dir D:/MyVDJLibrary/Reggae/*.mp3 > D:/MyVDJLibrary/Reggae/ReggaeList.txt /B /O N

where D:\MyVDJLibrary/Reggae/ is the drive and path to your folder

/B gives you a clean list
/O N sorts by alpha

This will give you a list of songs in your Reggae folder in a file named RaggaeList.txt, sorted in alphabetic order. You can open the text file and strip off the .mp3 extends or import the file right into something like Excel and manipulate it there.

note that except for the /B & /O, all other forward slashes are really back-slashes.... vDJ msg board doesn't show back-slashes

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 4:23 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Great, i didn't think to that

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:12 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
That's what i was thinking of, just couldn't remember the commands in DOS window

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:50 pm
Just drag your .m3u playlist into notepad or you can just right click on the playlist and go 2 the open with option and open it with notepad.

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 7:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)