Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New DJ with some questions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded Virtual DJ and so far I love it. I just have a few questions about the possibilities. What features come with the full version? Is there alot more than you can do with the demo? Also, how can VDJ be used professionally. I have been Djing for a while and VDJ seems like it could be a very usefull add on. I read some other posts and people seem to be using Time coded Vinyl or Time coded CD's with VDJ.....how good do these work? I am especially interested in the Time Coded CD's.....anyone who has them...how do you like them? what kind of setup do you use? What hardware do you need to be able to use Time Coded CD's with VDJ?

I know this is alot but I am very curious :)

Thanks

Inviato Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 8:04 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well.....first i welcome a new becoming owner of vdj....

the full vdj will support more soundcards ( i use 3 outputs)
the tccd's are great.....repeat verry great..if you have good cdplayers than your finished..
it all works great.....

keep your pc clean also...

i have 256mb ram but when i keep my pc clean it works great....
not only with vdj....but the same with big games....if you mess arround your that pc than you have in notime a junkyard......

Inviato Sat 23 Apr 05 @ 9:42 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have lots of questions here. I used TCV and I'm amazed at how close it feels to real vinyl. It behaves very similar as well. The latency, with the proper setup, is unnoticeable to me. The set up is identical to what you would use if using vinyl. Two turntables and a mixer. Best thing is, no carrying around heavy vinyl or CD's. Like djjb said, I hear the TCCD's are great from others on the forum and you don't even have to pay for the TCCD. You just download and burn your own. The demo doesn't have some key features, like headphone pre listen or ASIO support. All the basics are in it though to give you a feel for the software can do. Good luck. VDJ is great.

Inviato Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 3:06 pm
You have lots of questions here. I used TCV and I'm amazed at how close it feels to real vinyl. It behaves very similar as well. The latency, with the proper setup, is unnoticeable to me. The set up is identical to what you would use if using vinyl. Two turntables and a mixer. Best thing is, no carrying around heavy vinyl or CD's. Like djjb said, I hear the TCCD's are great from others on the forum and you don't even have to pay for the TCCD. You just download and burn your own. The demo doesn't have some key features, like headphone pre listen or ASIO support. All the basics are in it though to give you a feel for the software can do. Good luck. VDJ is great.

Inviato Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 3:07 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Inviato Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 4:46 pm
thanks for all the information....i have just a few more questions.....how does vdj compare to traktor? Also I think i will be using vdj with 2 denon cd players so how would i connect these to my computer? I saw some posts about the maya 44 usb card which sounds good. I already own a creative audigy 2nx card and i was wondering if i could us this...do u hook up the players to the card or the mixer? Would this card be ok?

Thanks again

Inviato Wed 27 Apr 05 @ 11:40 pm
Here's some info on how to hook up timecoded vinyl. Should be almost identical to TCCD. You hook the players up to the soundcard input and the soundcard output goes to your external mixer. If you want to record you need to go back into the computer using another soundcard or one that has enough inputs. I use the Maya 44 usb with TCV's and works like a charm.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

Inviato Fri 29 Apr 05 @ 2:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)