Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Searching / Browser

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ Cel so one of my posts elsewhere and asked me to post it here too.
Since then I have improved the idea.

This all came around in refference to multi-instance skins and how the search feature should be applied, at the time I said:

"The VDJBrowser idea is a cool aproach, as long as it has SAYT (Search As You Type)...I think the browser needs a few improvements as it stands...like auto Asterisking (*) in searches...a cool one would be able to search Dancin' and Dancing at the same time automatically and Mr Bright Side and Mr. Bright Side
As sometimes your desired results don't show up depending on the naming."

On reflection I still want certain improvements as described above particularly the auto asterisking where if you type charachters like ' , . ! & it will also perform the search with those missing and where & appears it should also search "and" "+" " 'n' "

In addition I would like to see a seperate addon app, VDJ Browser which utilises the database as it is in the program which we could use to then create music catalogues...alot of people ask me for these. The app could also export your DB to other formats like Access, Excel for preparation to integrate a search of you VDJ database on your website, for requests for example.
It would be an added bonus if you could use this app to Rename / Re-Tag files and it would then go and make the necessary changes to the file...like spell checking.

Could the current DB be expanded to import other fields like from ID3 tags for categories , which could be edited in VDJ Browser?

These are just some ideas.

Ross.

Inviato Mon 25 Apr 05 @ 2:59 am
I ,too would like to see an improved file/browse/search section .Having a waiting list for Player A & B
with the option to auto load ,alternate players & maybe insert a file OTF would be perfect.I sincerly like Your product and appreciate the hard work that has gone into creating it and the skins .Please accept my comments as encouragement not as complaints. Thanks,,Good job!

Inviato Sat 07 May 05 @ 4:09 am
waitlist thru network (search the record case) could be really nice as somebody mentioned here

Inviato Sat 07 May 05 @ 11:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)