Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: check for mp3 sync errors

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am still in the process of testing virtual dj. I intend to buy it when i get my christmas bonus. :-) However i already have a suggestion for a new feature. I recently added a song from the search window into one of the decks. In the search window it said that the song was 4:37 minutes long. However on the deck it said the song was only 1:00 minute long. When i tried to play it the song abruptly stopped after the first minute. I did some checking on the song and found that it had a sync error at exactly 1:00 (i don't mean bpm sync but frame sync inside the mp3 itself).

Maybe it would be a good idea to have virtual dj do a check for sync errors in mp3s and mark them accordingly (or even give a warning when you want to play them)?

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 7:05 am
I've had VDJ (VirtualVinyl) for 2.5 years and played thousands upon thousands of tracks and I've never had what you described happen to me. I think your issue is a very rare and isolated one. You'd be better off just replacing that mp3 because I highly doubt Atomix will develop a sync feature for an issue that rare.

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 9:34 am
Of course i replaced the faulty mp3. I checked all my mp3s with a special piece of software designed to check for sync errors and found several with (multiple) sync error. Some stop vdj from playing it any further and with some you just hear a small glitch. I agree that it is a rare thing but it still might be a useful feature.

Still love the program though. :)

link to the software: http://www.geocities.com/mp3utility/ (but its geocities so be quick. if you cant find it anymore and want it just pm me)

Inviato Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 10:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)