Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Open source it, then development will speed up!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

zero08Home userMember since 2003
Man, this crap piece of software seriously ruined my day. I was fiddling with the drivers for three hours on the big party tonight where I wanted to give my first set when I gave up. This software is much to buggy, not configurable enough and new features take eternity plus one day. I can't believe Hercules has not spend enough money on a proper stable efficient mix software.. It can not be that difficult, can it, just needs some devs with ASIO developing experience. And this windows dependancy nightmare shit - uargh. I'm sick of it. In this condition I will not frigging pay for a full version. Seriously, right now I am very, very frustrated and fed up with this software.
Hey you devs, you sure have made a lot of money already I bet, what about open-sourcing this, make it a community effort and put a donate button for the full time devs on the page? I'm sure in this condition many people prefer pirating / not buying the software because of it's weaknesses (although it indeed is one of the best, which is a shame for the whole human race...)
oh common, just needs a MIDI and an ASIO lib, a sound routing infrastructure and mixing/effect modules... Damnit this would be so much better...
no offense intented but %$&$%)&$§"=$%$§!=% !!!!!!!!111!111!1
evil regards

Inviato Sun 01 May 05 @ 4:01 am
[oh, come'on that is.. doh]

Inviato Sun 01 May 05 @ 4:02 am
You were about to play live with a demo version??? And then you wonder why your having so much trouble. All I can say is that the full version works for many of us although I do agree that there should be a better support for ASIO drivers to fit more soundcards.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Sun 01 May 05 @ 5:52 am
Zero08,
if it is so easy to develop a software application like VDJ Develop something yourself. After a month or so post a link to your open source code. We will see...
This software works for many users flawless. I use it for 2,5 years without any problem, with only 1 crash caused by the crappy drivers delivered with the Hercules console. After that I removed the Hercules drivers and sended the console to the trash bin. No broblems anymore after that.
I think your preparation was not good enough. Before you are going to gig, you should have set up everything correct and tested much. Then at the gig you just plug in everything and start playing.
You should have a little more respect for a software package that you got for free with your Hercules console.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 01 May 05 @ 1:32 pm
Your problem are likely caused by your cracked version. Many users over the years have experienced various difficulties with many of the cracked versions out there. If you are serious about DJing, and you want to test our software and then be critical of it, don't use a bad version.
Very unprofessional!!

Inviato Sun 01 May 05 @ 5:50 pm
ok ok, you're all right, mostly. I was too unprepared, I used a cracked demo version, it was silly. But still, it was a sucking experience. And still my complaint stays that the software development is not swift as is progress in the OSS world. Also VirtualDJ is not modular enough, those Bitmap skins are annoying and it's not platform portable, things that suck imho. I didn't say I was a good programmer, I'm all deep in studies and stuff, but I know with a proper architecture design and some experienced developers something slick could be programmed quickly. Modular software is way easier to maintain, and open interfaces for effects and database would rule. I have a lot of features in mind (more configurability, no-skin display, DJ Console button customization, saving set as XML instead of WAV allowing post-editing....) lacking from VirtualDJ, and if I post them here, they'll be just another post under hundreds of duplicates. A Bugzilla and an engaged core development team working on a rework of this software under the GPL would be my favorite solution. I am sure there are many DJs who would click on a donate button for a constantly developed software WITH THOSE ADDED BENEFITS, I know I would; for now, I am going to BUY this stupid piece of .. ehh .. best working DJing software.. and have anotzher test run.
Another reason I didn't before was that I wanted top use it on a PII 366/256MB because that's all I got in my laptop, and I basically have not much money (20yo, student..)
The thing that made me believe it would work that evening was that I was playing around with my new console that day with the Hercules ASIO drivers, and it worked well, except some crackling, but on backspining the sound would seriously fuck up. I tried to get it run all evening, then had to get the last bus and tried getting up those damn ASIO4All drivers up at the party for fucking 3 hours as I thought it would fix those problems. It ended up with lots of directx sound %$&$%& error and hellof a broken DirectX. Oh I hate Windows so much. I hope you understand my point better now.
regards

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 12:24 pm
You are welcome to buy the software, for full support, latest updated version, free fixes and updates.

Hope to see you as a full member

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 2:35 pm
First of all with the low specs listed above you will surely encounter some issues. The crackling sound is more then likely due to the low amount of memory. Upgrading it will remove that issue. As far as the rest of the equipment goes I really don't know what issues you'll get other then slow loading.

Here are the minimum requirements:

PIII-850MHz
384MB Ram
16 bit soundcard (The Herc console would be your soundcard do no worries there)
DirectX compatible

I know that it would be much better to be running this software on a more stable OS like Linux or Mac although I'm sure this will be released with time (I hope)

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 4:20 pm
Yeah I know those specs are too, low but atm that's all I got. And still - it would be possible if all software between my MP3's and the speakers would be good code. Anyways, ///there was noone refering to the topic///, as it seems the delopers are afraid of this 'GPL thang'. They should be.
And as for buying - I just wanted to, and I had in mind it was 69$ - then I see it'S 99€, I told myself: mmh, that's waay too much, as owner of the HDJC version and poor student I deserve a discount. So I searched the forums => found out Atomix has a greedy non-discount policy. Then I thought, ok, well there's a party at a mate's house tomorrow, you gotta run your console to the test. So I went on buying - only to find with taxes it'd be almost 130€, half of the hardware cost. That is soo überexpensive. Fsck that. I found the B-CONTROL DeeJay BCD2000 for 150€ INCLUDING proper software. That's hardware PLUS software WITH jog wheel scratching for twenty more bux. Guess what. I'm gonna sell my HDJC and most probably forget about VirtualDJ. And with those facts, and your attitude, I guess I will not be the only one.
Sorry, but free market economy means: if somebody breaks your monopoly, you're fscked if you can't compete. Your choice now what to do...
regards

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 5:15 pm
I think that this guy is pulling everyones strings. All he is going is insulting this site, the DEV Team and everyone else for that matter.

Dude your system is too slow, there are NO discounts, you can't afford this anyway and you are trying to be professional with a cracked demo? Come on how can you bad mouth a great program without trying the full version? How can you demand things when you aren't being honest?

Come on...:)

MS

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 6:29 pm
I ran across a comparison list of different DJ applications and VDJ sure seems to be the best among that list especially at the price! The only other one I could consider was Serato Scratch Live and you should check out the price on that software! Talk about high prices? Windows is much more expensive then VDJ and your using it, or maybe its a copy as with VDJ.

Well said MS.

DJ White Devil

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 6:43 pm
I agree with DJ Maddsound and DJ_whiteDVL
He is also saying that the Behringer console with software is much better. Remember that this package is just or not yet available. This is also the very first version of the software. The first version of VDJ was about 2,5 years ago. I'm also wondering if this software will evolve the way VDJ did (remember all updates were free).
I think we should just ignore this types of post and go happy mixing with VDJ
Ewout

Inviato Mon 02 May 05 @ 7:17 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Hey, this one is cool! "A lot a people already buy it so you can give it now for free" ?
It didn't cross your mind how would a half milion people (more or less) think about this? "I payed for it, and now they give it free?" ARE YOU NORMAL?
Sorry for the big letters.
By the way, the cracked version that circles around isn't a demo version, it is a full version 2.06. And it is bad!!!

Inviato Tue 03 May 05 @ 1:45 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@DJ-ALF do you have full version?

Cracked version is really full version (in my case), but it has still more bugs than original. I was using cracked version, but since i bought full i didn't notice any crash yet.

Dj Nikki

Inviato Tue 03 May 05 @ 3:01 pm
N1Nj4Home userMember since 2005
hi i am new here =D i tested atomix few years ago its all great but this vdj is really better its a great program! i dont get why ppl always complain about stuff iff u dont like it then leave =)

Inviato Tue 03 May 05 @ 4:11 pm
good to see you here...
hopefully you will like the software, and get the full version...

the cracked version 2.01 is both outdated, and contains bugs

Inviato Tue 03 May 05 @ 5:24 pm
by the way, topic is so silly, I closed it... :)

Inviato Tue 03 May 05 @ 5:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)