Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Some basic stuff

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey so im completely new to anything regarding Djing, ive always enoyed having a good time at a club, and felt that i have a good ear for music. Anyway, my friend told me about this site/program, and im pretty excited. I can definately see myself playing around with the demo for a while, and if i havent had a change of heart ill probably purchase the VDJ once i get some basic skills. I have some questions though im hoping some can help with, or refer me to a similar thread where this has already been discussed. My question is about all the equipment that mixing songs and producing your set requires. Could someone please go through what a Dj's equipment may contain, and what exactly everything does. ie, turntables(one vs two), VDJ, spliters, soundcards, all the downloads available to full VDJ owners, all that good junk.

It would be really great if you could explain this in a progressive manour, like how one would start and possibly then progress untill im ontop of the DJ world, lol. Im hoping this will give me a better idea of how this whole thing works, cause im pretty intimidated by all the different skins, and updates, and pretty much everything involved. If i havent asked enough, im really really green to some of the tech stuff, so any abbreviations are going to go right over my head. Thanks again guys,

Dan

btw, ive read the stickys here, my questions are concerned with the physical equipment, not the technique invovled

Inviato Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 3:08 pm
hey dude same here i already got some equipment tho. i'm new so not a professional but i have researched equipment for dj-ing and the really good stuff like pioneer will cost you like 1,000 or more just for one mixer or vinyle table. if i were you i would look it to dj midi controller. this one that i have now call the hercules rmx does everything and all you have to do is plug it up to a computer. it comes with this soft wear but its the basic virtual dj LE. The thing is when you purchase a hercules rmx you can upgrade to virtual dj pro for like $50 so its pretty good deal. guitar center has price matching. The one i have now cost 350 plus tax but i got it for 267 its a good deal tho

Inviato Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 7:07 pm
hey dude same here i already got some equipment tho. i'm new so not a professional but i have researched equipment for dj-ing and the really good stuff like pioneer will cost you like 1,000 or more just for one mixer or vinyle table. if i were you i would look it to dj midi controller. this one that i have now call the hercules rmx does everything and all you have to do is plug it up to a computer. it comes with this soft wear but its the basic virtual dj LE. The thing is when you purchase a hercules rmx you can upgrade to virtual dj pro for like $50 so its pretty good deal. guitar center has price matching. The one i have now cost 350 plus tax but i got it for 267 its a good deal tho

Inviato Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 7:08 pm
Equipment is not necessary at all with VDJ, is just a thing of you being comfortable, ofcourse you can improve with equipment, but if you don;t know how to use it well is basicly like not having it, it all depends on your needs and how you are working,what kind of music your mixing etc. For example a House/Dance/Electro DJ won't need turn tables as much as a hip-hop DJ.
Good Luck!

Inviato Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 8:31 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)