Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Midi Controlers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Wondering if you can hook up multiple midi sources to vdj. for example a midi player like the denon 4500 and a midi mixer and be able to use both at the same time to control vdj?

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 10:47 am
I was wondering the same thing, specifically for this and using 2 apps each with their own dedicated controller. i.e. Use the Hercules Steel for VDJ and the Denon HC4500 for Megaseg on the mac. I haven't had the time to test this but would suspect that as long the midi channels are set on each differently you should be fine. I don't know how to do this on a PC but on a mac you can set these in Audio and Midi Preferences (use Spotlight and type MIDI pref) Once the midi channels are set to different channels you should be set. At that point it would be a matter of how VDJ handles multiple midi channels when detected. I was able to use a controller with keyboard mappings and the steel so here's hoping. I'll post my findings once I get a chance to test it but that may take a few days to get to...

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 9:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You certainly can; I use multiple MIDI devices all the time :)

Inviato Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 4:46 am
VirtualDJ automatically detects and uses all supported MIDI controllers if they are connected at start-up, so to avoid confict (Both VDJ and Megaseg trying to use the HC4500), you should start VDJ first with the HC4500 disconnected (So that is only detects the RMX), then connect the HC4500 and start Megaseg.

Inviato Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 12:25 pm
Thanks for chiming in guys, this is as I figured it would be. Need more time in the day to put everything in it's place and but so far so good.
Did get every thing to work. For some reason and I am not sure of the behavior, just an observation Virtual DJ (last used with the Steel) recognized the steel, and saw but did not use the denon. Megaseg saw both with no issues and allows manual selection. As long as nether are using the same controller each seems to play very nicely. Pretty Cool, 4 decks 1 computer.

Inviato Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 9:53 pm
Hey! Could someone tell me how could I connect the Torq Exponent to the VDJ, and what versions work with it? I am a mac user too and I don't know how to map or connect the Xponent to Virtual Dj!!! Thanx

Inviato Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 11:25 pm
Hi
So is that mean I can use denon dn-mc6000mk2 and pioneer ddj sb2 same time with 1 laptop installed virtual dj 8?
Thanks

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 10:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)