Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Name Change

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Virtual DJ is an amazing software (used trial + timecodes for around a week), but the name isn't the coolest kid on the blocc. It would be great if the name got a bit cooler. Virtual DJ compaired to Serato Scratch Live or Traktor, Mixvibes has a very "un cool" name. This is just my honest opinion.

Inviato Sat 06 Feb 10 @ 7:11 am
If you called yourself dog shit discos and you were good, people would book you still.

You could call yourself no licence user entertainment and it wouldn't matter as long as your were good, it's the product.

Inviato Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 12:41 pm
I think the name hurts more than it helps

I like the name Virtual DJ when talking about a product for home use but in the "professional" realm I think the word "Virtual" implies "not the real thing" or "fake"

I have never heard anyone talk trash about traktor, torq or serato - just vdj and i ultimately think its because of the name.

Inviato Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 11:14 am
Doesn't both me one way or the other. However if you change the name now all the "haters" are gonna say is "look they changed their silly name to look more professional" and then the cycle starts all over again. "Oh you use <superfantasticname>, that's just the re-branded Virtual DJ who had to change their to compete with the 'industry standard' software".

Virtual DJ is still better than some companies who just stick a small i in front a word. How creative is that!!! lol

If a name change ever happens it would be for a reason. I real step change in the heart of the software, what it does, how it does it.

Until then, if you have an issue with the name, create a skin, and create your own product name/image/logo and tell people that's what you use - How exclusive would that be!!!

Roy

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 8:38 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree that the name's a bit naff, but I don't really think it's an issue... "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

VDJ (and people who use it) get a bad press mainly due to the fact that it's the software of choice for every wannabe idiot with a laptop, a bittorrent client and some downloaded mp3s off limewire. You know the types I mean - they don't do the rest of us or the software any favours! Part of me gets really annoyed, why can't they make the software more secure from these crackheads? Another part of me thinks, hell, who cares what anybody thinks of me or the software I'm using... I still get paid, nuts to 'em!

Inviato Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 10:18 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djsherz wrote :
Part of me gets really annoyed, why can't they make the software more secure from these crackheads?

I agree

Inviato Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 4:04 pm
Who asks about software? I've been in the dj arena 25 years, ten years with computers. No customer ever asked me about the software I use. Who cares about anyone else.

Inviato Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 9:34 am
hotmixing holmes wrote :
Who asks about software? I've been in the dj arena 25 years, ten years with computers. No customer ever asked me about the software I use. Who cares about anyone else.

I completely agree. The only people who ever ask me what software I use are the wannabe DJs who sniff around the DJ booth. The people who write the cheques couldn't care less.

Inviato Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 10:16 am
Or state it as you use Virtual DJ PRO!!!

Inviato Wed 07 Apr 10 @ 10:35 am
The only people who make jokes about the name are bunch of losers who have a desperate need to find any excuse to diss VDJ. One could make all kinds of jokes about naming a DJ software after a farm vehicle or a cheap Korean car...if one would steep so low, that is.

Actually, making fun of Virtual DJ's name is a backhand compliment of sorts. Think about it, if the only fault one finds in a product is its name, then it needs to be pretty good. Take Microsoft Windows for example; even though the name is pretty dumb, have you ever heard anyone say "Windows sucks because it has a dumb name"? No, you haven't. That's because people usually have some genuine reasons to diss Windows.

Inviato Wed 14 Apr 10 @ 6:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)