Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Internet Broadcasting

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I wanted to kinda have like an online radio station if thats what youd call it, so then when Im making a mix with VDJ I can broadcast it so all my friends can hear it live. I dont wanna like commit to a spot on an internet radio station or anything but just for like whenever I feel like making a mix. Is there any free solution to do this with? Something simple would be good so that when I tell people im gona broadcast my mix they dont have to do a bunch of stuff. Maybe have it integrated to stream through windows media player.
Help me out please

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 5:14 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
In the latest version 2.1 there is an option to broadcast live from your own computer.

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 6:33 am
is there another way to do it through windows media or somethin????
by the way homeboy, i listened to your mix earlier. not bad. Were you using anything external or just the VDJ software?

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 6:58 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Just the software. In the club I use TCV and an external mixer ;) Sometimes I also use the UC33e (midi controller).

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 7:03 am
It couldn't be simpler.. Just tell your friends to open Windows Media Player, then click either Open URL or press CTRL+U and enter your radio address like : http://your.own.ip.address:port .. You may want to get some dyndns so you don't have to tell them the 123.. just like http://myradio.dyndns.abc:1234 for example.

If they have Winamp, same functionality is available with CTRL+L. WMP supports MP3 streams so you do not have to buy anything from Microsoft to run the radio.

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 9:43 am
Yeah but use Shoutcast.

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:20 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just a word of warning on broadcasting...

If you have a machine that is not too powerful (like mine), you might not have enough cpu power to run VDJ as well as capture the sound from line in, convert to mp3, and broadcast. Even though it may sound great on your end, the broadcast might have sound problems.

My solution was to run VDJ on one machine, then send send the audio to a 2nd computer which converts to mp3 and broadcasts. That cleaned my broadcast right up!

Bargler
-----------------------------
You should be listening to a live mix...RIGHT NOW!
http://radio.virtualdj.com
-----------------------------

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:31 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
or ... sell the 2 computers and ... by a new one.

Hehe I'd like to buy another one too but ... it will come one day.
Mine is not really able to do everything at the same time. That's a problem.

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:42 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you do free computer fixes and upgrades for your friends, they give you their old junk computers when they upgrade. =)

I had 4 Pentium III machines laying around that I cobbled together to build my broadcast server/media center/soon to be Tivo.

Inviato Mon 16 May 05 @ 8:59 pm
so how do you actually set everything up so that you are broadcasting?

Inviato Tue 17 May 05 @ 3:54 am
RAFFHome userMember since 2003
HOW do i configure Broadcasts, a friend used VDJ 1.06 and could broadcast fine to shoutcast.com and had the Encoder working fine its doesny seem to work the same with 2.1, VDJ still thinks its broadcasting from 127.0.0.1 ???

its for a friend who has bought VDJ

thanks

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 3:53 am
anybody knows where can i get an mp3 encoding plugin?

Inviato Wed 18 May 05 @ 9:12 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 19 May 05 @ 8:34 am
I need help guys.how do itart to broadcast using virtual dj?

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 1:09 am
well whitch vcd do you have 2.1 , 2.7 or 3.0 if you have 3.0 thats simple at the REC menu just click BROADCAST and START RECORDING and you´re in

the only thing i´m woryin´ is that i cant listen my godd*** RADIO !!!! Please help i have for
more than 682 hours of mixes and i cant listen to them i really need a solution
what i tryed is that i went to my station on http://***.*.***.***:****/VirtualDJ.ogg and it just goes like SAVE THIS FILE ON DISK? sure i clicked YES but then it newer ends....:(
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 9:24 pm
It' normal with your craked version....

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 5:11 am
@Moderation Staff or

In the near future hopefully around December ,I can be certain I will have the the full version of VDJ.One of my first mission will be to bring VDJ RADIO more attention to the web and every where I can think of.

Why I say bring more attention? To me it is not ADVERTISED enough,every visit is always 2 listening or less.

I do however like the settings with the option to download Media Player e.t.c. its very attractive.

@ Bargler or Any body Knowledgeable

When I come to mash up de place with my Reggae,Dance Hall and Soca mixxes what will U recommend the perfect specs for my Computer to be.

RASMAN OUT LOVE AND PEICE OF THE PIE FOR EVERY ONE

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 6:10 am
i dunt know, i just bought A good comp so i dunt have to wurry bout that, but atleast pentium 4, and min 512mb Ram....

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 5:42 pm
u sure u can broadcast on VDJ radio brennan 11 , is it only done by full version users

Inviato Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 11:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)