Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: missing features

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

missing features in virtualdj pro
iwant this feature::::::

1.) colored bar waveforms for easy identification of low and high audio frequency like some dj software available in the market ...
2.) refresh rate settings.....
3.) the display title and artist while playing can be hidden....
4.) 4 or 3 deck virtualdj..................
5.) the 12 sampler can be save as profile for fast loading in different profile for differet purpose...............
6.) improve video FX cause its boring
7.) the waveform at the top of the deck occupies large space on the screen make it a little smaller or integrate it to the scratch display...its better that way...

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 3:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I would recommend doing some searching first. It obviously works for you since you were able to bump a 9 year old post!

Anyway...

Quote :
1.) colored bar waveforms for easy identification of low and high audio frequency like some dj software available in the market ...

It's been requested in the past, do a search in future. It's unlikely to happen I'm afraid. VDJ is VDJ, not some other DJ software.

Quote :
2.) refresh rate settings.....

Refresh rate is determined by your display adapter settings.

Quote :
3.) the display title and artist while playing can be hidden....

Already possible, use a skin designed for that purpose. Skins are available to registered users.

Quote :
4.) 4 or 3 deck virtualdj..................

Already possible for registered users using MI skins. Also been discussed in the past, again do a search.

Quote :
5.) the 12 sampler can be save as profile for fast loading in different profile for differet purpose...............

There is a lengthy thread in this forum already on sampler improvements. It's actually possible to do using VDJScript in v6.

Quote :
6.) improve video FX cause its boring

Lots of extra video effects and transitions are available to download - for registered users only again I'm afraid.

Quote :
7.) the waveform at the top of the deck occupies large space on the screen make it a little smaller or integrate it to the scratch display...its better that way...

Again that is a skin feature.

As you can see far more extras are available to licensed users of VDJ Pro.

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 6:19 am
thanks for the fast response......

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 8:49 am
ill do further research....cause i have not seen this function in demo version

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 8:50 am
cause demo used to be for testing the actual application of the software...how can you convince the buyer if the some features cannot be tested in demo version

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 8:51 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
All features can be tested in the demo version. You just don't have access to all the cool downloads as you should be learning the software to see if you like it and want to purchase it.

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 9:13 am
genjimark wrote :
cause demo used to be for testing the actual application of the software...how can you convince the buyer if the some features cannot be tested in demo version

Thats the way it is. The demo version is fully functional. Add-ons are created by the community for the community and are thus only available to registered users.

A demo is only really meant to help you decide if the software fits your needs; if you have further queries you can ask on here for clarification and reassurance.

The extras also help persuade people to stop using cracked versions and to buy legitimate licenses.

Most of the customizations you want above you could be done yourself if you really needed to test them with the demo.

Inviato Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 6:59 pm
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would like to have a fader start with Pioneer mixers or with any mixers.
I would like to see “version” in the Data Field Columns.
In automix the song loads automatically from the play list, what when you use
both the decks, does it also loads automatically from the play list, if not, this
feature will be an asset.
Thanks

Inviato Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 6:34 pm
djjv wrote :
I would like to have a fader start with Pioneer mixers or with any mixers.

That is only possible on MIDI capable mixers, where you could map the volume sldiers to perform this function.

Or by using a MIDI or HID capable fader start box, if these exist.

Inviato Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 7:23 pm
I have fader start via a Denon DNX 500 mixer and the DN HC 4500 midi controller. They work great with Virtual DJ pro

Inviato Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 7:13 am
djjvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Alan Todd wrote :
I have fader start via a Denon DNX 500 mixer and the DN HC 4500 midi controller. They work great with Virtual DJ pro

I have a Pioneer mixer, I don't want to buy a midi controller just for fader start, is there a feder start box which I can buy and will work with VDJ. The one I have is from BPM Studio and it does not work with VDJ.
Thanks

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 6:47 pm
Not that I'm aware of, except for the Denon HC4500 MIDI controller that has fader start inputs, but I'm not sure whether these would work with a Pioneer mixer (It's intended for use with a Denon X500 or X900 mixer.)

If you can find a fader start unit that is MIDI compatible, then you would be able to map it.

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 7:49 pm
Im thinking about the next version of virtual dj, not the 6.0.8 or .9 but the 7! Virtual dj 7, I guess they will make it, i dont know I just guess. But lets imagine. Maybe a better sound quality, I dont like the idea of using so many skins cuz it seems to be a toy. I own virtual dj pro and it is the only DJ program I have, and dont think about going with another one right now. I would like and I know many people also would like to have better effects plugins. Sometimes when you use more than one effect, vdj crashes. I would be very happy with a better sound quality, just the original sound from vdj, not with an external soundcard, and Im not telling you not to use external soundcards. They are great!

- A solid skin, a good and unique skin. Not hundreds of skins. Well skins are fun but come on.

- A better response on scratching. A better response on the pitch control. And this is very important: Better response on knobs and buttons, cuz I have a hercules rmx, and when I move for example an EQ knob, it doesnt move until it gets to a certain point. I start moving the knob on the RMX console and it start moving on the program after it gets to a certain point, it is like saying it moves from 15% to 100%. From 1 to 14% it does not move if you are doing it from the console.

Many people say that Virtual DJ is a toy. I dont see it like a toy, Im happy with this software but I would like vdj to have a bit more, this includes everything or whatever they can improve.

Im not asking for anything, just thinking and letting u know what it is.

Thanks.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 1:47 am
reigar_dj wrote :
Maybe a better sound quality

Sound quality has been scientifically proven to be on a par with Traktor. The internal EQs need a bit of tweaking IMHO but I don't often use them personally.

reigar_dj wrote :
I dont like the idea of using so many skins cuz it seems to be a toy.

I can't understand this point at all. I don't see how skins make it a toy; it means I can include or exclude things I want or don't want.

reigar_dj wrote :
I would like and I know many people also would like to have better effects plugins.

Effects are generally community contributed. Also remember you can use VST effects for audio, and FreeFrame effects for video. I think most people seem to forget about this when complaining about available plugins. There are masses of VSTs out there.

reigar_dj wrote :
Sometimes when you use more than one effect, vdj crashes.

There is something wrong with your setup or the effect you are using then I'm afraid.

reigar_dj wrote :
- A better response on scratching. A better response on the pitch control. And this is very important: Better response on knobs and buttons, cuz I have a hercules rmx, and when I move for example an EQ knob, it doesnt move until it gets to a certain point. I start moving the knob on the RMX console and it start moving on the program after it gets to a certain point, it is like saying it moves from 15% to 100%. From 1 to 14% it does not move if you are doing it from the console.

Sounds more like a problem with the RMX or its mapping; when I have a MIDI mapped control on my Denon, Ecler or M-Audio controllers the full range works perfectly.

When you talk about pitch and scratching reponse, are you referring to timecode vinyl?

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 6:54 am
reigar_dj wrote :
And this is very important: Better response on knobs and buttons, cuz I have a hercules rmx, and when I move for example an EQ knob, it doesnt move until it gets to a certain point. I start moving the knob on the RMX console and it start moving on the program after it gets to a certain point, it is like saying it moves from 15% to 100%. From 1 to 14% it does not move if you are doing it from the console.

You need to look at the "Pitch Reset on Load" and "EQ Reset onLoad" settings in Config->Options. If these are turned on then the "software" will reset these controls. However as the knowbs on your RMX are not motorised, these cannot be reset. Therefore they will become out of sync with the software.

By disabling these settings theu will stay were you last placed them and will work as you expect them to.

This is not an issue with VDJ or the RMX. You simply need to adjust the settings to your needs.

Also try reducing the "Pitch Range" setting to somewhere between +/- 8% to +/-12%, the RMX responds much nicer to these settings.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 8:59 am
OK guys I want this to be clear... I do not have any problems with the pitch or the scratch. It is just that the pitch doesnt move how you want, I mean when you move slowly the pith button or knob or fader or whatever it is called, you dont see a good quality or response. But this doesnt mean that it is a problem, it is just something to improve. And the EQ is ok! There isnt any problem with it, but the same thing, doesnt work from 0% to 10%. I believe you guys dont get it. You are getting cofused with this. So youd better forget it. Never mind.

Thanks for your time.

And again, my virtual dj works fine! The skin is fine and everything else too.

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 7:54 pm
BTW: For a guy that asked before: Fader start works fine with a Pioneer DJM-500 mixer and Denon HC-4500 (I have tried this personally. allthough I don't use it). So, my guess is that any mixer with fader start works with HC4500. After all fader start is just a switch inside the mixer... The only thing you can't use with any mixer but Denon is the X-fader.\

Inviato Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 6:17 am
I would like to have a mouse-over showing playtime and rest of time while stopping with mouse over the waveform in standard-skins.

Inviato Sun 16 May 10 @ 7:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)