Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Support for ms Pinky

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

While the current TCV is OK.. msPinky is way more advanced and offers some interesting features like using an A and B side (you actually load two tracks into a player and then select which to play by using the A or B side of the vinyl..) and more..

There is a SDK available which should make support a breeze..

Inviato Sun 22 May 05 @ 11:48 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What are you talking about??

Inviato Mon 23 May 05 @ 12:05 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
msPxxxx is another software

Inviato Mon 23 May 05 @ 2:58 am
As stated by Atomix before, Virtual DJ is a serious company, and can therefor not use TC algorithms from other companies, because that would violate copyrights

Inviato Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:03 am
ms pinky is not 'other DJ software'. ms Pinky is a vinyl based timecode system which can be adopted to work in dj tools. It can be integrated into other software by simply buying a copy which gives you the SDK.

So support for ms pinky would be perfectly legal and would give some interesting features to VirtualDJ when used with vinyl.

Oh and while on the topic, it would not be illegal for VirtualDJ to support other TC formats as long as you do not use any copyrighted code (without a license to do so as you would when you buy the ms pinky SDK). If you reverse engineer the TC vinyl and write code to read it (which in fact is not that hard to do) it would be completely legal to have, say, support for FinalScratch Vinyl. It would be illegal to offer TC data as downloadable file, but supporting the format is fine. This is how other software does it and supports most current TC formats including FS and VDJ.

Inviato Mon 23 May 05 @ 3:37 am
Speaking of legalites hey check out my Legal topic just do a seach :) all contributions are welcomed :) thanks all

And BtW I dont think this is so much a legal issue as a personal on being that it would be like apple saying hey microsoft here let me intergrate you in my stuff......Oh wait they kinda did that but you get the point.

PhenX

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 8:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)