Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: OK... This would be awesome... Multiple Search engines

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Not sure if this was mentioned. If it was then it should be bumped. I currently use karaoke and DJ for my system. Now music videos are there. Maybe a way to have three seperate search engines rather than using the slower method (which did slow down for me after 2.10) of creating shortcuts. Three buttons, one for each library. This way all of your music videos are in one area. Your karaoke files in another, your music in another. You can ask the system to search to mp3's on SE1 and mp3+g on SE2, ect. Make sure there are three. Then a skin shortcut to display each..... This would lesson the confusion for me (and I'm sure others) and speed up the process. Just a thought.

Inviato Tue 24 May 05 @ 4:09 am
Yeah I mentioned this feature a long long time ago.

At first I suggested several databases.

But now I think it requires a lot more thought.

One DB, different tables for media type.
Search by media type.

Should be faster, more efficient and would also allow cross-searching.

Ross.

Inviato Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:40 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe I'm missing something...
But why don't you guys just make three seperate folders?
When you're in a folder, it only searches that folder.

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:44 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you create subfolders you can also use the recurse option to display all files in a specific folder+ subfolders.

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:59 pm
I have all my content arranged into folders already, I would just prefer to do it this way, I think it would be quicker personally. I dont like folder browsing in VDJ.

Inviato Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 12:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)