Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: GOLD/BETA MEMBERSHIP

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Stephane Clavel (Level: Corporate department)
Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 05:51:41
Would it helps if we'd set up a "donator membership" or "gold membership", that would shows under your name in the forum, grants you access to all beta session and allows you to have your ideas and remarks be taken in consideration in priority by the team?
S. Clavel

nitebeatdisco (Professional edition user)
Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 17:23:33
I feel a Gold Membership idea whith beta testing involvement is great.
I LOVE this PROG, Atomix, and the International VDJ Community!
At This Point in my Life DJing is not a every week proposition and don,t make huge money from it.
I Love the idea of free updates, but love this program so much would like to make a donation from time to time for all the extra work of the Dev.Team and extra features in the program.
My Motive to Donate would be because I luv VDJ so much, not for Gold Membership in itself, but that would be a nice aknowledgement anyway.
There was been talk of a Private Pro-users forum and new forum software, how about leaving the existing forum as is but, creating a private Gold/Beta forum for Gold Members with improved Forum software.
Maybe a Star rating within this forum relating size of donation but equilly work done in developing skins ,effects, visualisations, and softyware Dev. and beta testing.
I would like to see a Min. donation to achieve this status (for example $33 eur.) no max and no fixed yearly renewal, but renewal based on contribution to VDJ Community either in money or time relating to this prog.
I'm trying to say I dont expect a life Gold membership for a couple of dollars, But let everyone
"contribute according to there abilities as best they are honestly able"

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:15 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
there is a private users fourm already, you just can't see it :)

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:56 am
Is that a Beta testers group?
Would Luv to have the oportunity to donate, become a gold member and have the opportuinty
contribute more to software Dev. ideas and testing.
Whats other members opinion on "Gold Membership" as Corparate Staff indicated they are prepared to do it , I guess subject to being the interest, So could we have a poll or indication of suupport for this option.
PLEASE

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 11:53 am
as far as i will play regularly in da club or hove some more gigs I will have no problem to provide some % of the income...

i like to contibute at least with
- some help for beginners in the forum
- testing the bugs
- creating some skins (maybe plugins in the future)
- promote vdj, because many people that want to become digital don't know how this community is
great and that the development is so flexible.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"maybe plugins in the future"
...I'm interested :-)
Do you know C or/and C++ language?

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:27 pm
yeah, I actually work as programmer, I started 15 years ago with 8bit atari music&coding in assebler, now workin as coder php, bash scripts, and begginning with practically work in C++ (now just knowledge from the school). Anyway it is matter of syntax and some differencies between languages to get in C++. Oh and the syntax is similar to PHP

Currently I have no idea what the new plugin has to do. If I had an idea of something good i will spend my time to try to do it. Just now i am waiting for behringer controler and prepared to make a skin suitable for usage with it. (not to have the buttons that are on the controller) ...

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 1:37 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lopez453 checkj at the plugins ares of this forum I can help you a bit if you want, as djcel.
Use MS.net and install the sdk on this site than have a look at the .cpp examples it wouldn't be complicated for you if you're already able to program.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 3:26 pm
Ok i will look around and try something ....
thanks for the helping hand offer :-)

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 4:11 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You're welcome.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 4:55 pm
Its great to see so many talented poeple willing to help the VDJ Community.
Thanks guys!
Could We Have some feedback from Mr Chavel hopefully when this gold membership will be trialed.
And forum opinions and support will help atomix acess if this is worthwhile.

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 9:46 pm

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 11:31 pm
Double O
Professional edition user Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 09:59:42

Mr. Clavel: “Would it helps if we'd set up a ‘donator membership’ or ‘gold membership’, that would shows under your name in the forum, grants you access to all beta session and allows you to have your ideas and remarks be taken in consideration in priority by the team?”

The ‘donator membership’ ideal is excellent if most of the $upport money is going to a charity. Let’s face the unfortunate truth—this corrupt world that we live in needs a lot of charity. Although making Virtual DJ reality is an impressive endeavor, using it to help the needy of this world is a legacy that no software can ever eclipse Mr. Clavel. Therefore, if you do choose to embark on this encouraging endeavor, you have my support.

If anyone has any ideas on possible charities and a name for Mr. Clavel’s proposal, please post them.

OO

Bargler
Professional edition user Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 17:51:35

I don't mean to be cynical Double O, but I disagree. If you want to donate to charity, then do so. I appreciate your sentiment, but I already give to the charities of my own choosing.

With this "gold" membership, however, I don't want to give to a charity...I want to invest in the development of VDJ.

Bargler

Inviato Sat 28 May 05 @ 11:29 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)