Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Hercules mapper and actions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

abaility to use hercules buttons in shortcut mapper could be nice.
and ability to have an action like HERCULES_CUEA_LIGHT on.

This way it could behave the way as now, but anyone can remap and use non sticky buttons.

Whats YOur opinion ?

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 2:03 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
completely agree =)

but did you try to plug Console to midi?

Dj Nikki

Inviato Thu 26 May 05 @ 9:46 pm
you mean to plug something to it's midi port ?

yeah it worked, I patched my Creative mp3 keyboard to connect it thru 5pin DIN cable instead of gameport (it has nothing to do with mp3 actually) it is an touch sensitive midi keyboard. It worked for me. Hercules was a way for me to connect midi device to my notebook. ;-)

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 10:48 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i couldn't make it work through midi port. i connected ceative keyboard too. what exactly did you do?

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 11:38 am
problem is that the creative keyboard needs 5 volt suplly and the MIDI connector does not provide it.

You have two choices: buy joystick connector, usb connector, look for the pinout (hardwarebook.org) and you can make patch cable for powering the keyboard.

I just disassembled both creative and hercules and connected 5v from USB to the unused pin on the hercules midi-in and the same pin in creative keyboard to the voltage pin on the circuit board that leads to the game port. But you will loose your warranty for herc and creative this way I did it.

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 12:30 pm
OK after few days I started to play again with the console mappings.

Disabled console support in remote. Enabled midi.
Tryed to map some actions:

Chapter one: VDJ problem
-------------------------
All buttons and knobs were assignable, but vdj's engine was not in all cases
able to process the values provided by console.

EQS were fine. I was not able to invert the pitch fader, it was speeding up where it should speed down.
And many other little things.

I mapped FX buttons to kill bass,mid,high - but it was working as momentary buttons. I think because of the midi sending PRESS and RELEASE signals.

(more details are not so necessary)

Chapter two: Console problem
----------------------------
Once a time a got strange signals from console, a deck started to play when I pressed two buttons simultaneosly, but only simetimes. Master tempo shortcut activated and deactivated after a while.

Mapping PLAY to the sync buttons was much better, but still there is something with the console it does not always react. You can see it if you assign the sync button as momentary and when you release the button sometimes the song continues to play.

Conclusion: (was gardener the killer ? )
-------------------------------------

In the past I pleased for the herc. mapper, but now it looks like there are some very strange things and maybe using midi for hercules is not the right choice, even if dev team will improve the shortcut mapper engine. I will see how is it with direct access to the console, but according to the letter, part of which I posted in the forum, it will never be optimal, unless hercules will make something with it (pray it to be only firmware solution).

Anyway possibility to swap the sync/play buttons should be enough for next version ;-)

Inviato Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 9:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)