Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Guiness World Record? What if...?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry for the topic typo, Guinness World Record!! What if...?

OK, I dream alot when in the car and a post earlier got me thinking....

Since VDJ is able to synchronize across a network to multiple instances of the software on different machines then, what if we, VDJ users; could setup a World Wide Synchronize Mix Session of several DJ's???? Since VDJ is obviously a World Wide accepted and used application, then what if we could sync say 100 VDJ's all at once and hold a World Wide co-ordinated Battle Mix over a period of like 10 or so hours? Granted all involved might only get to play 1 or 2 tracks, but it would definitely have to be a World Record for the most concurrent DJs mixing in one session???

Oh, someone pinch me! Wake up!! Am I still day dreaming!!

Anyway, thoughts? Dev Team could the networking piece be modified to provide such a concept? Oh, and if you want a more simple thought, imagine two or three DJ's in their respective clubs, sync'd across the Internet, playing tracks in each others club as if they all were in one venue!!!

Oh, still dreaming! Coming back to reality!

cstoll

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 6:14 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can see how you could do this on a LAN, but not over the internet. How will you overcome the internet latency between all the DJs?

Bargler

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 7:03 am
maybe to broadcast something neutral and dancable worldwide and play for one hour to the 100 dancefloors ;-)

that is more realistic

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 10:26 am
@Bargler, That's true, but gamers do it all the time.

So, to take lopez453's; approach of a central Hosting server or servers, and connect together and broadcast from a central point would not only be amazing but one hell of a party.

Like I said, it was a dream but then again most things only start with a dream!!

cstoll

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 4:31 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
That would be trick.

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 4:36 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sure, gamers do it, but they don't need absolute real time synchronization.

You could hand off control from a central server to each DJ in sequence, but that's really just a shoutcast broadcast at that point.

I guess you could send some sort of timestamp on the stream, keep a constant tempo, delay the broadcast by exactly X number of measures (plus another measure or two for lag), then have each DJ know the set so well that they could do their drops and effects X number of measures in advance. Then the central server would have to read all the incoming streams and line up the timestaps perfectly.

It wouldn't be easy!

Bargler

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 7:56 pm
Like I said, it was a dream... which is becoming good conversation outside the normal rants.

The biggest hurdle is the latency of hearing what is being played vs. what one would like to play next. Again, it was only a dream... maybe I will figure out how to make it work on a smaller geographical scale.

Then open three or four clubs, each DJ would Mix from a hidden room with cameras for projecting their image throughout TVs and Screens in the clubs, and no one would know which DJ was the DJ at their club? Or, even if the club had a DJ at the club??

Ok, well I think I am waking up from the dream... Zzzzz....

cstoll

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 9:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)