Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can Someone Explain....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Im wondering what exactly the "read id3 tags" and the "write id3 Tags" do and why are they there...Any advantages dis-advantages etc. Can someone please explain these options in detail...Thank You in advance

WizzKidd

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 5:01 pm
All i know is that it slows it down when you enable them. So **** it!

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 5:04 pm
lol@tech_dj... sound good to me i wont be enabling them...

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 5:09 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know in the past there were complaints that VDJ only used filenames to get the artist and title info. In the new version, they apparently gave the option of using the ID3 tags which is useful for converts from programs such as PCDJ (such as myself) which depends solely on ID3 tags for song info.
Luckily, I took the time to make sure all of my filenames are correct though I probably would have used the tags after I first joined the VDJ flock. As far as I know, you can't add ID3 tags to all files anyway (mpeg, vob, avi, mov, etc.) so we're probably better off not even bothering with the ID3's. ID3 processing also slows things down becuase instead of VDJ interacting with the file system to get song info, it has to open each file to get the info.

Inviato Fri 27 May 05 @ 5:46 pm
write id3 tags cause one more thing: when you have new file and you analyze it, vdj will write bpm and other info not only in it's xml database, but the corresponding line for that song is recorder as a special id3 tag into mp3. It is useful when you move the file to another computer you don't have to analyze this file again in vdj.

Read id3 tags gives you opportunity to read title, artist, description and special vdj tags from the files (in order to not have them to analyse again after trasfer from other pc)

once you access the directory the tags are read, and the special tags are synced with the virtual dj internal database. This works for me, so after importing new songs from my pc to notebook i turn ID3tag reading off :-)

Inviato Mon 30 May 05 @ 12:05 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@lopez453
That was perfect :-)
I couldn't better explain it

Inviato Mon 30 May 05 @ 12:34 am
OOOkkk.. Now I know. That is another feature that puts this software above the rest. Two databases for bpm. In case you have to strip the id3v2 tags off your tracks, you still have the database as a backup. Good to know.

They should have put that down as one of the hilights of this software and not just the fact that it can now read id3 tags.

Killabee44

Inviato Mon 30 May 05 @ 2:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)