Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer DDM4000 Help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok so ive been through every single forum on here that talks about the Behringer DDM4000 mixer and I still honestly dont know why this mixer isnt working for me. Heres my setup - 2 T.92 Stanton TT, Behringer DDM4000 Mixer, Audio 8 DJ soundcard. Im not trying to use my mixer as a midi controller, I just want it to control the audio. Everythings connected fine and ive tried basically everything but the mixer just wont work for me. Everything works if i have my headphones plugged in the mixer but it wont register in Virtual DJ for some reason. I must be doing something wrong?

Inviato Sat 22 May 10 @ 10:55 pm
Do you have a USB-MIDI cable connected from your DDM to your computer? Also, exactly what are you expecting to happen?

Inviato Sat 22 May 10 @ 11:17 pm
No I have the Audio 8 DJ connected to the USB since it came with a USB connector.
Do I need to connect my mixer to my computer instead?
And I basically just want to use it for the crossfader and FX.

Inviato Sat 22 May 10 @ 11:23 pm

Inviato Sun 23 May 10 @ 3:52 am
I have a Audio4DJ. Even with that, to use ANY of the software control capabilities of the DDM4000, you will need a MIDI Interface. The Audio4DJ is simply the sound card.

Inviato Sun 23 May 10 @ 8:30 am
Thanks guys, just went out and bought the cable, works perfectly!

Inviato Sun 23 May 10 @ 3:03 pm
Glad to be able to help. Happy mixing....I love my DDM...

Inviato Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:09 am
I kinda wish I hadn't wasted the £32 on the MIDI cable for my DDM4000...I thought, at the time, that I'd need it to control VDJ, but it's not really worth it.

I have mine set up like so:

VDJ Sound Settings:

Input: None (I'm using a DJio so no inputs)

Output: External Mixer (Left Deck - Channels 1/2. Right Deck - Channels 3/4)

Physical connections

I have the line outs from my NDX800's into channels 1 (left deck) and 2 (right deck) and the line outs from my DJio into channels 3 (DJio output 1 for VDJ left deck) and 4 (DJio output 2 for VDJ right deck) on the DDM4000. My headphones plug into the DDM and I use the PFL buttons for cueing etc.

After thinking about it, it dawned on me that there is no point having the mixer mapped...if I want to see what it's doing...I look at it... :)

Inviato Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 7:45 am
Yes, it is totally pointless MIDI mapping the EQ, volumes, etc. on a real audio DJ mixer that is also MIDI capable.

The only useful mapping is the crossfader if you are mixing videos and spare buttons and knobs can be mapped for controlling effects, samples, etc. (Not necessary if you are also using other MIDI controllers that can do this.)

NOTE: The Behringer DDM4000 has a limitation of only being able to act as an audio crossfader or a MIDI one, not both at the same time.

Inviato Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 4:48 pm
I agree, somewhat. I have my DDM mapped so that I RARELY have to actually touch the computer. The volume and eq knobs and sliders are POINTLESS to map. Since I don't do video, there is no need for a mapped crossfader either. But I DO have the channel EQ kill buttons mapped to play_stutter, cue_stop, clone, and effects. I have sampler buttons mapped to navigate my library, fire off my "One Man Band" drop, and load to the decks. Also have sampler buttons set up to engage/disengage loops, as well as change the loop length.

I also have a button set up to match BPM. You can call it cheating if you want, makes me no nevermind....it lets me concentrate on the artistic side of mixing. I have 26 years of classical music training (I am 31 years old), so beatmixing is not am impressive trait to me...more of a pre-requisite. My ear tells me when it's not right.

Mapping the DDM, to me, was a no brainer. It already sounds better than any Behringer mixer I have ever seen. Mapping it lets me concentrate on the mix, not the software.

Inviato Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 11:41 am
dude, I agree. using auto BPM versus looking at the screen as you slide the pitch fader to match versus actually listening and matching, makes no difference. It's not that impressive to watch I think and is a time killer when I'm doing short crossovers (songs under a minute). I agree one should learn it for concept and as a fall back if they need to go analog, but beyond that is useless. I'm classically trained in music and I feel matching harmony is more of an art than matching beats. In reagrds to the DDM, I never realy found it useful and chose the hercules RMX over it. Though I have an associate who spins techno and swears by it. I mix more house and mash it up to reggea, hiphop and mainstream.

Inviato Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 3:05 pm
I just got my ddm4000 in the mail today and everything works fine except I can't figure out how to listen to the channel thats not playing through the speakers in my my headphones. can someone pleaasee help me?

Inviato Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 7:20 pm
Make sure the headphone mix knob is turned to where you can hear the PFL, and push the PFL button above the channel fader that you are trying to listen to.

Inviato Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 6:29 am
I just got my DDM4000 and I'm using Virtual Vinyl with 2 Gemini CDT-05 MK 2 Pro Hybrid Turntable and the interface that comes with the program. Now I need to know what I need to be able to use or make the crossfader move on the program with my DDM4000 because I'd like to start mixing my video's, can anyone HELP ME??? Do they have or did anyone make a video with help on the setup of what I'm lookin for???

Inviato Wed 11 May 11 @ 12:35 am
cvaulterPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Ok I am trying to use the Behringer ddm4000 also with vdj8 and techniques 1200 turntables. I have a midi sport uno also. Do I need an audio interface also?

Inviato Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 12:54 am
cvaulterPRO SubscriberMember since 2012
WestCoastKilla wrote :

Can you help me.. Lol
I have the same behringer ddm4000

Inviato Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 1:00 am
cvaulter wrote :
WestCoastKilla wrote :

Can you help me.. Lol
I have the same behringer ddm4000

i recommend you look at the date on posts before you talk to people that may or may not still be around these are very old posts

give more detail about exactly what you need and i am sure someone will try and help but might be best to start a new thread to do that in.

Inviato Sat 21 Apr 18 @ 1:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)