Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DJM 5000 mixer compatability

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Does this mixer support windows 7 64 bit?

Thnaks,
DJ Bo Jett

Inviato Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 8:37 pm
· This software is not supported by Microsoft's 64-bit Windows® OS
(Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows® XP)

I copied this above from Pioneers FAQ page for the DJM 5000. This is terrible, wish these companies would get with the program. Its hard to find something that is 32bit oem.

Hope you guys from Pioneer get this sorted out

Inviato Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 10:01 pm

Inviato Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 1:01 pm
According to this page that very same driver version 1.102 is compatible only with 32-bit Windows. My friend has DJM-5000, and he had to install 32-bit Windows 7 just because of this mixer.

Inviato Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 12:27 am
ya I was reading up on it and that version doesmt support 64 bit. guess I should start shopping for a laptop on the antiques road show. maybe it might work lol

Inviato Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 2:01 am
Well, there's absolutely nothing that prevents you from installing a 32-bit Windows 7 to your current laptop even if it has a 64-bit processor.

Inviato Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 6:23 am
I guess I will try. I;m just fed up spending dollar after dollar on something just for it not to work. I have an xp laptop but the downfall is a place I work at has hdmi for videos. my laptop with hdmi has win 7 64.

Inviato Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 9:05 am
Guys don't get confused with windows 32 & 64 bit, you can run a 32bit hardware with 64bit windows, it is downward compatible and would run the hardware in the 32 bit mode. There is no DJ software that is 64bit right now that i know of, everything is 32bit, when you install windows 7 you have the option to install 32bit or 64bit choose the one that you need to use in your situation, 64bit or 32bit dose not matter in the DJ world

Inviato Sat 26 Jun 10 @ 2:43 am
oswaldbobb wrote :
Guys don't get confused with windows 32 & 64 bit, you can run a 32bit hardware with 64bit windows, it is downward compatible and would run the hardware in the 32 bit mode. There is no DJ software that is 64bit right now that i know of, everything is 32bit, when you install windows 7 you have the option to install 32bit or 64bit choose the one that you need to use in your situation, 64bit or 32bit dose not matter in the DJ world

That's true for programs, not for drivers as is the case here. 32-bit drivers do not work on a 64-bit system (unless you force them, which is quite risky).

Inviato Sun 27 Jun 10 @ 1:31 pm

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 12:17 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)