Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Multiple Controllers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

Can VDJ use multiple controllers like 2 Numark V7s and 1 scs.3d at the same time?

Thanks

Joeski

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 3:38 am

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 6:43 am
Yes thank you, I had already read that post. But it does not answer the question can virtual dj handle two different controllers or even three different controllers at the same time. Example, 1 pioneer djm2000, 1 numark v7 and 1 Stanton scs.3d all connected and working at the Same time. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:01 am
For reference I currently use serato itch only. But I'm thinking of making switch since vdj has video support.

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:04 am
Well I use a MIDI mixer with a Korg NanoKontrol so yeah I'd say you could.............

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 12:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, you can run multiple MIDI / HID controllers at the same time.

Inviato Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:56 pm
Does anyone know how to configure via MIDI/USB VDJ 6.1 to run both a CDJ-2000 and a Denon S3700 to control one deck each? I keep getting the CDJ-2000 controlling both, but when I disconnect the 2000, the Denon finally gets connected - turn on or reconnect the 2000, then the Denon gets disconnected....I'm running an external M-Audio sound card with MIDI to a DJM700 Mixer....do the MIDI controllers have to be matched perhaps? Thanks! James

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 6:07 pm
I would like to connect 2 Denon s-3700's and 1 Hercules RMX to a computer and run VDJ 7.

Can a powered usb hub be used to connect multiple midi controllers?

What extra hardware or software is needed to connect multiple midi controllers?

What are the basic connection configurations using multiple midi controllers?

Thanx

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 12:39 pm
This is for mirage mobile Dj...

I would not recommend using any kind of hub between your controllers or external USB sound devices. Sounds like you are using a laptop with limited USB ports?

I currently use 2 s3700's & a hc4500 together on one setup. However I'm using a pc fitted in a rackmount case an typically pcs have a min of 6 USB ports. Are you having difficulties with all of them working together?

Djwishbone

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 1:11 pm
I'm using laptops and they have enough usb conections.

My older laptop works great with a Hercules RMX, but not with the s-3700's.

The new laptop works great with the 3700's but crashes with the Hercules?

I'm going to get a Macbook pro 17" for work. Everyone I know that uses Mac's for DJ work have few problems.

I had seen the multi player set up on youtube and I'm looking for conection ideas. Some guys say you can use a usb hub, but only if it is powered. Some say don't use one at all.

I'm really curious how 6 or 8 players were connected and operate with Virtual 7? Let's say, how would you connect 6 or 8 s-3700's to a laptop?

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 2:46 pm
I think some of the issues guys are having with one working and not the other at the same time maybe down to the controllers being set on the same midi channels.

If you can select which midi channels the devices are on try changing one of them.

For instance my Pioneer DJM 2000 mixer has the default of channel 1, so does a Denon DNHC4500 and cant be changed. The two conflicted so I changed the pioneer to channel 16 and they both run perfectly now.

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 3:34 pm
Mirage..

Take a look at this link here regarding setting up controllers... Denon mainly...

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/115215/Hardware_Technical_Support/DENON_Hardware_Products_(Setup__Solutions__Fixes__Issues__etc_).html

You don't need to change controller MIDI ch. I'm my expirence with using multiple controllers and getting them to work is that on my laptops that I have tried (windows based pc laptops) I was not able to have two s3700's working at the same time. One would always cancel the other and not be reconized. On the other hand, my friend uses a Mac power book laptop and has no problems with two controllers. Go figure! :)

On a typical full PC (not a laptop) I'm able to replicate the same problem -only- when I plug in controllers together with USBs located side by side. However, when plugging them in away from each other works! This looks to be a limitation of the USB controller within the computer since two USB ports side by side share their connection. This is what I have came across.

If I can give any more insite or help let me know.

Cheers
djwishbone

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 7:06 pm
Can i use my mixtrack 2 on 2 different laptops

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 3:44 pm
LeharaPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Ive used upwards of eight controllers at once with an UNPOWERED usb HUB AND NEVER HAD ISSUES.
With VDJ, Traktor or Cross

Inviato Mon 14 May 18 @ 7:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)