Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Controller - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

And what resolutions does it come in?

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:26 am
Also, can you access the firmware update utility without installing LE?

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:48 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol @ the excitement over the vms4. man i havent heard this much hype about dj equipment in a while.

man i'm holding off buying it until i find a supplier selling both the vms4 & roadcase! Costs too much for delivery to Australia to pay it twice.

For the lucky sons of b's to get it before everyone else. Please post your initial reviews. Some real scratching on jogs would be cool. I guess they similar size to the xp10 jogs?

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 8:09 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Not sure what the status of the skin is or what resolutions will be available.
I plan on sticking with the hi res default video skin.

I don't know of any firmware updates yet, but that would be independent of the VDJ software and through AA.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 8:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to install the LE to get to the LE provided elements - firmware updater/skin/etc. Once you install it ... just reinstall your Pro version and you are done. You don't lose anything and yet gain a lot.

There was a question about the 'select' knobs (white mark on top) - Yes, those knobs are endless encoder knobs. Currently with the Shift+knob action they are used to scroll through the browser. Shift+Effect Select knob = Folder tree browsing // Shift+Sample Select knob = Track browsing

There was a question about the EQs - by default the VMS4 on-board EQ is master. There is no mapping to VirtualDJ's EQs. This was based on feedback from testers - and I believe it was the correct choice. So, if you want to change mode and disable the on-board EQs and use VirtualDJs EQs then you will have to map that functionality.

You will want to use v6.1.1 with it ... the mapping changed between v6.1 release and v6.1.1.

And Yes, it is shipping with both PC and Mac LE versions.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 9:20 am
Thanks Rick, in the manual it clearly states the firmware update utility is included with VDJ and is called "Atomix Production Firmware Upgrade Utility". Maybe there is an assumption users will install LE and not already have Pro up and running already?
Never mind, i see Chris has responded as I've been typing this on my phone!

Thanks Chris

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 9:22 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kradcliffe wrote :
Maybe there is an assumption users will install LE and not already have Pro up and running already?

It's not an assumption - it is a fact that in the long run, more users will not be Pro users already when they purchase this unit. In the short-term - Yes, I think a lot of Pro users will be buying this unit ... but doing the LE install is quick and easy and doesn't disrupt anything you currently have - hence my remarks above.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 9:28 am
Perfect, thanks for all the information and support.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 9:31 am

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 10:30 am
seriously tempted to get one of these!! mmmmmmm

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 11:02 am
For the price it's excellent. no motorised platters but a third of the NS7 price. Competition is hotting up!

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 11:06 am
I've just received my VMS4 today, and I've uploaded a two part review to YouTube, that can found
by searching for 'groovindj vms4 review'.

My first impressions, installing it and a brief try out.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 12:47 pm
I've just set up a new bootcamp partition with XP SP3 on my Macbook Pro in anticipation!

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 12:53 pm
Just spotted another VMS4 group on Facebook... Hmmm....

Roy

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 1:46 pm
@groovindj

Good videos, it's these first "experimental uses" that will determine the mapper issues etc. Also interested about the lag on the jog wheel and whether you've found a solution to that.

It's interesting that there is no vertical play whatsoever in the jog wheels so I think it must be some conductive technique to engage/disengage the scratch mode.

Which brings me on to my next question. The demo unit I playd with had plastic covers for the edge of the jog wheels, these were to prevent fingers causing the scratch to kick in allowing you to pitch bend by pressing the outside of the platter. Did you get any of these as you didn't mention them in the video?

But my number one gripe has to be the power supply - A european plug with the standard AA adapter. However from your vid, it looks like this virtually doubles the side of the adapter which wll make it difficult to plug in to a power strip (yes I guess you can plug in to the first or last socket), but in the club I plug in to wall sockets. Will be interesting to see how this works in reality!

Looking forward to tomorrow now. Camcorder is fully charged ready to record how it goes.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 2:24 pm
It may work without a power supply if your USB power is strong enough. I have the Macbook Pro which may be OK.

Will find out if it turns up tomorrow.

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 2:32 pm
Been told it's a big drain on the USB whihc is why they are now all shipping with a power supply - originally this was to be an optional extra!!!

Hey Rick... Your's arrived yet?

Roy

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 2:47 pm
@groovindj

Good review, mapper issues can at least be sorted ourselves until updated in VDJ. Skin is only 1024x768 which is poor really, most laptops sold for god knows how long are 1280x800. I will just keep to 1920x1200 as a custom skln is not important to me.

Are the buttons rubber like the Denon ones or hard plastic, I noticed a fair click when you pressed them?

Let's remember for the price this isn't top end stuff, probably comparing to mixers it's like Behringer vs Pioneer .......

Keith

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 2:51 pm
hay roy like the video you posted on facebook & youtube mate :-)

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 3:11 pm
Not my vids... They were groovindj's. Just shared them with the group ;-)

Inviato Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 3:24 pm
65%