Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Karaoke with virtual DJ through a Macbook Pro

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

elam04PRO InfinityMember since 2009
ok, here's my issue and after reading through the previous posts regarding this it's still not clear.

I have a macbook pro and want to be able to pop in a CDG and play it using virtual DJ. What do I have to get in order to do this? Is there any software I need to purchase?

Inviato Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 9:32 am
Sorry, CDG discs cannot be played directly in VirtualDJ.

You will need to 'rip' these discs to MP3+G format, which can then be played in VirtualDJ just like normal songs.

Inviato Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 12:19 pm
I am running Virtual D.J. Pro and recently found out that the software is designed to handle Karaoke files because the program tells me how many songs, videos and Karaoke files I have loaded into my computer. I did some research and found that the Mac version currently does not have a plug in for Karaoke but one is being developed.

My question is, I want to load these discs I have from a Karaoke machine we own in preparation for when the plug-in becomes available. I only use Itunes to import music currently and keep my music in these folders. How do I import these discs and maintain the text files with them so they will operate properly?

Many Thank Yous and personally I feel Virtual D.J. rocks!!! It is SO hard to find software that resonates with and performs for me.

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 1:29 pm
The karaoke-plugin for PC is only an app that allows you to put the names of the current and upcoming singers on screen. This means that ypu can already play your karaoke with your Mac. The plugin doesn't have anything to do with that.
If the karaoke you own is video, you can convert them to an acceptable video-format. No need to keep lyrics with the audio. If your karaoke is CDG, make sure that the MP3 and CDG's are named exactly the same (every capital, dot or number) The only thing that must be different is your extension.

Example:
10 - Robbie Williams - Let me entertain you.mp3
10 - Robbie Williams - Let me entertain you.cdg

Loading the MP3 will automatically load the according CDG.

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 1:44 pm
If you have CDG discs (For playing in a hardware karaoke player) then you will need to 'rip' these to MP3+G format to be able to play them in VirtualDJ.

To find suitable tools to do this, please search Google for: mac rip mp3+g

NOTE: Once ripped, you can use the ID3 tags of the MP3 file to set information such as artist, title, album, etc.

Inviato Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 5:43 am
Can't tell this is the case with MacBookPro, but the internal Macbook DVD-reader (MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898) can't fully read graphic text files.

You will need and external unit that fully reads CD-G's. In my case a SONY DRX-S77U does the trick.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 6:37 am
abayardepr wrote :
Can't tell this is the case with MacBookPro, but the internal Macbook DVD-reader (MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898) can't fully read graphic text files.

You will need and external unit that fully reads CD-G's. In my case a SONY DRX-S77U does the trick.

on some of the older macbook pro models I believe the drive is made by pioneer and is fully capable of CDG reading but the newer models aren't (my old mac had the pioneer drive till it died 2 weeks ago (thank god for warranties) now I have the newer MATSHITA which are s#*t when it comes to reading cdg and just can't do it)

Inviato Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 9:07 am
cguildPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Get power CDG burner, it allows you to rip from cdg discs on a regular computer without special drive into zipped files which can be played in VDJ.
If you rip them into seperate mp3 and cdg files they won't play, you'll get the karaoke audio without the words, but the cdg file won't play at all.
Just make sure they're zipped and you're good to go.
Also, if the discs have any scratches when, all the imperfections will be ripped into the file, so any ghost words or flaws will stay on there.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 7:04 pm
Separate MP3 and CDG files will play providing they are both in the same folder and have the same name e.g:

ABBA - Dancing Queen (SF123-01).mp3
ABBA - Dancing Queen (SF123-01).cdg

Files don't have to be zipped to play in VirtualDJ, and with today's large hard drives is not really necessary.

Inviato Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 1:36 pm
I use VDJ for my Karaoke now with my MacBookPro, I was wondering if there were plans to make a plugin that would allow for singer lists for the MAC?

Inviato Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 11:08 am
djsteve123 wrote :
I use VDJ for my Karaoke now with my MacBookPro, I was wondering if there were plans to make a plugin that would allow for singer lists for the MAC?

I cannot play karaoke on my Mac did you have to play with the configuration.

Inviato Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 10:29 am
Nope - just have to make sure the cdg and mp3 files are in the same folder when playing them, sometimes I may have to activate my video output window...

Inviato Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 11:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)