Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: New to Video mixing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, I have been Djing for a while and want to get into mixing video. I would be primarily using video in a club setting. I want to know what I need to do/purchase to be able to properly play video in a club.

My laptop is a gateway NV5929u. i5 430 processor, 4gb Ram, 320 hard drive, Winodws 7 64 bit OS. This laptop is a dedicate DJ laptop and I have tweaked it to run more smoothly (disable unnecessary services, wireless, etc.) It is a good laptop, only problem is video card which is important for Video mixing. It is an integrated video card with 128mb dedicated Ram.

I am assuming that this will not be good enough to mix videos with. What are my options at this point? There is a product called vidock that lets you add any video card to your laptop. This would be roughly 400 usd with the video card. Besides this, is my only other option to get another laptop? If so, can I run audio on one laptop and dedicate the other to video mixing? syncing the two together.

-Also, I am going to be purchasing a midi controller for audio djing. would I need to purchase another separate controller for video mixing?

thanks,

Inviato Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 3:37 am
jvg123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dude I'v been djing too and ultimately want to Video dj, and i had the same questions as you. I know if your mixer is midi mappable then you can use it to mix audio and video, which is want i wanted to do so i purchased the BEHRINGER DDM4000, a really cheap 4 channel mixer, cuz i love me 4 decks. ANy way Im looking around the forum to find out how to set up my video set up? THe ins and outs and every thing, let me know if you find good advise, Im going for a projector,

~JOsh

Inviato Sun 19 Sep 10 @ 7:16 pm
The Intel "I" processors are designed with a certain video thread. Translation: forget video cards. Integrated will work video mixing, soniques, most anything you can throw at it. They kick ass, sir. Get your video collection ready and dont look back.

Inviato Sat 25 Sep 10 @ 4:13 pm
tmace64Home userMember since 2008
Thanks for the suggestion on that Intel I series CPU. I read the specs on it, and it is built for graphics and HD video, mostly its built to allocate processing power to what you're doing with graphics and or up to HD video. Sounds like a worthwile investment to me - thanks!!

Most integrated video cards wouldn't have the connections for hooking up video monitors -- ??? If I can use my internal integrated video card - how do I get video out to either one monitor or several??

I'm a graphic artist, and have worked with many different video cards. There's a difference between a video card intended to be used for "computer graphics" displayed on a computer monitor - and - that of a video card with either DMI, or Component outputs, wich offers the true signals for an NTSC Video Monitor displaying a "TV Image" so to speak. Any motherboard "integrated" video card would be for "computer graphics" for a "computer monitor" display..... -- ??

If you say using integrated video card is okay ~ How do you get video out of a lap top or PC tower - to - a video monitor??

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 4:30 pm
I would like to know the same thing but with a Mac? How do I get the video from my Mac to display on the big screens without showing my whole desktop?

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 12:57 am
hey tmace64 your laptop comes with a vga and a hdmi connection, you can connect a regular monitor or projector using the vga connection or you can connect a flat screen tv using the hdmi connection , right click on your desktop screen and click screen resolution click on #2 and select extend my desktop then go into virtualdj config under video and click the dropdown arrow for tv output and select your laptop video card. hope that help also check my earlier post about connecting a monitor 25ft away you should see a post for a wireless setup

Inviato Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 10:54 am
Hey Guys, I just bought a new computer but using the other computer does not keep the bpms or "Play counts" on the new computer. Is there a way to transfer the "data base" from the old computer to the new computer to read all my "cues" my "bpm's" on the songs and the "play counts" on my files. Let me know if there is a way. this would be such a time saver.

DJ Prieto

Inviato Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 5:56 am

Inviato Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 4:49 pm
I suggest maxing out your ram memory I have 16GB of ram in my computer, system drive is a SSD and using harddrives that are 7200 rpm and use either usb 3.0, firewire 800, or thunderbolt for your connection to your computer.

Inviato Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 3:39 pm
JWJ12PRO InfinityMember since 2013
ive been using virtual dj pro 7 for a few years now. when we do wedding and bar events more and more people are asking for the music videos on our screens. we have purchased a lot of videos but plenty of them have random talking scenes in the videos or other random unnecessary crap. it there any way to cut out part of a song, without setting a cue stop and ending the song entirely for example the part between cue 2 and cue 3 that i have circled in this picture???

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Joel

Inviato Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 9:04 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 2:24 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
JWJ12 wrote :
ive been using virtual dj pro 7 for a few years now. when we do wedding and bar events more and more people are asking for the music videos on our screens. we have purchased a lot of videos but plenty of them have random talking scenes in the videos or other random unnecessary crap. it there any way to cut out part of a song, without setting a cue stop and ending the song entirely for example the part between cue 2 and cue 3 that i have circled in this picture???

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Joel

Yes, upgrade VDJ7 to VDJ8

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 6:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)