Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question about recording mixes...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys.
Just a quick question about recording a mix. When i choose the 'burn cd' option and start recording a mix, the destination file has an extention of *.bin. this file type is not able to be opened by any programs. is there any solution?? thanx.

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 10:23 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
You need to go into NERO and select, burn a cd image.

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 10:43 am
i dont have nero on my computer. can i use another program to burn? i tryed burning cd as a data cd but when i try to play cd on a cd player there is track info but there is no sound.

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 11:13 am
try to use isobuster ( http://www.smart-projects.net/ ), with this you can extract the tracks of your cd and use it in your favourite burner or convert it to Iso so you can burnt it .
but to be honest i don't see the point of using the burn cd option of VDJ. just record your mixes to wav on the HDD then burn them as a cd track with any burning software .

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 11:29 am
If i record as a wave file, can i seperate the tracks so the cd is not 1 long song?

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 11:33 am
yes, but you'll need a program for doing so...

Sony Soundforge is the one I use, but there are ton's of them on the net...

FYI : u can record your mixes as MP3 files when using the Lame Encoder. Download it, put the .dll file in your effects folder in the VDJ folder on your HD. Then open the configuration panel in the recording mode of VDJ, and select the same .dll file te record your mixes in mp3. Jst a thought

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 12:14 pm
thanks for the help guys. ive got it all sorted..

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:32 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
wrbrownlie,

There is also the option to split the recording into separate wav files based on the crossfader. When you fade from on side to the other, a new wav file is started. Of course this may not work for you if you plan to scratch with the crossfader and you also have to make sure that your CD burning s/w is capable of recording the tracks without any space between them (most can do this, you just have to make sure you have that option enabled.)

Happy mixing and burning,
-Frd

Inviato Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 5:02 pm
i recorded my mix and when i played the file windows media player recognized it but there was no sound when it played. I have tried this a few times. How do i get sound on my finished recordings?!!

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 6:52 am
There are many options to record your session in a proffesional way.

First one, if you record to cd directly and you get the *.bin file you have 2 options. One is mounting the .bin file with daemon tools (it's free). Then you'll have like a new cd unit in your system, then you can just cd copy with your recording software. The other option is when you want also to have tracks recorded instead of only one file. To solve that you have to make a .cue file. In this .cue file you have to specify the lenght of the tracks and the points when cd should change from one song to the next one. You can do the cue file with notepad, and it looks like this:
PERFORMER "Dj Led Manville"
TITLE "Roots"
FILE "02 - Dj Led Manville - Roots (Cd2).mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Led Intro"
PERFORMER "F.C.M.P."
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Unveiling the secret"
PERFORMER "Psyche"
INDEX 01 00:39:60
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Hear me out"
PERFORMER "Lowe"
INDEX 01 04:08:38
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Flesh"
PERFORMER "A Split Second"
INDEX 01 08:11:74
... ...

Second one. You can use Sony Cd Architect (almost he same as SONY soundforge but with many more options for recording audio). With this one you can load thw wav file generated with Virtual Dj, you can see the wave and place the change track points where you want. Once it's done you can simply record to cd and it's done.

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 9:40 am
there was an error in the post and that's why it looks like an anonymous wrote it. it was me if someone wants more tips of how to do it. :))

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 9:42 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"Anonymous" means that you took too much time to write your post.
One possibility to avoid this problem when you expect to take much time to write is by using notepad and paste your text.

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 10:08 am
yes, i've spent too much time writing it because i'm at work ^^
Thanks for tip Clax :))

Inviato Fri 22 Jul 05 @ 10:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)