Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK NS7FX

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006

does vdj work with the NUMARK NS7FX

Inviato Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 11:08 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes, it has been working well for some time. Just make sure your PC is fast.

Inviato Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 10:19 am
i realize it works with the ns7 but does it work with the newer add on..... the fx unit?

Inviato Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 12:04 pm
Yes it does, cstoll did a map for it. works perfectly for me with vdj only drawback is the lack of GUI in vdj for the NS7fx.

Inviato Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 9:19 pm
The NS7FX is the NS7 and the NSFX sold together in the same box.

Inviato Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 2:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
streaming_DJ wrote :
only drawback is the lack of GUI in vdj for the NS7fx.

How is that a drawback - considering all the things it controls are displayed on 99% of all skins.

What you are referring to is that there is no 'dedicated' panel, like Itch has to do since they don't permit 'customized' skins.

Inviato Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 4:12 pm
I think he is reffering to an easier way to map it. There are still allot of people I talk to that are afraid to dive into VDJ script. With that said, I love it, but it could be easier. Not to mention the incredible amount of deatil in the macros in that NSFX map that you wrote. There are so many chained commands that it is hard to decide where to start without screwing it all up.

That being said, I can help with customizations if anybody needs this. Just PM me with the details of what you would like it to do and I will do my best. I recently dove in myself so I am fairly familiar with it and made a bunch of changes for they way I use VDJ. Unfortunatley, they are all far too specific to post it as a "general NSFX map" for download.

Inviato Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 9:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No he is talking about a skin section that represents the FX unit - this is what Itch has pop up if you are using a FX unit.

Inviato Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 9:52 am
AH, ok, I see now.. :)

Inviato Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 9:18 pm
Hi,

whatever help you can give would be great....Im about to purchase the NS7fx, and was not clear on how the fx unit world operate and produce audio effects with the VDJ softwear.

I havent seen any skins produced that would operate the fx unit while using VDJ, and Id like to keep using the VDJ softwear to do video mixing NS7fx and at the same time make use of the FX unit

Inviato Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 2:28 pm
drjust wrote :
and was not clear on how the fx unit world operate and produce audio effects with the VDJ softwear.

The NSFX does not "produce audio". It is only a midi controler that functions can be mapped to. Giving you extra buttons and blinki's to allow greater control of VDJ. It is a seperate (2nd) USB connetion as well, so it is entierly seperate from the NS7. Other that the fact that it does screw into a mount on the NS7.

drjust wrote :
I havent seen any skins produced that would operate the fx unit while using VDJ, and Id like to keep using the VDJ softwear to do video mixing NS7fx and at the same time make use of the FX unit

You buy hardware controlers so you don't need to use the mouse and a skin. If you want a skin that does NSFX funtions, that would be free as long as you or somebody on this forum decides to make that skin.

The NSFX part works perfect with versions of versions 6.08 and later of VDJ. That is when the NSFX was supported. So you will be all set with the latest VDJ installed. Also, the NSFX does not need a special driver, only the NS7 does. Just plug and play, good luck.

Inviato Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 9:13 am
cstoll wrote :
No he is talking about a skin section that represents the FX unit - this is what Itch has pop up if you are using a FX unit.

Exactly cstoll, I use vdj as my native software not Shitch, I mean Itch:) but I like the dedicated panel though, makes navigatiing the fx options much easier to me that is.

Inviato Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 11:15 pm
Streaming dj....sup i spin reggae too...lookin for reggae videos only (everything every created .. lol )

Inviato Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 2:39 pm
Is there a MAC version or is it just WINDOWS.

Inviato Sun 20 Mar 11 @ 7:56 am
It is now natively supported. Built-in MIDI and HID definitions work with both PC and Mac.

Inviato Sun 20 Mar 11 @ 1:47 pm
djslo86PRO InfinityMember since 2011
DHoude wrote :
I think he is reffering to an easier way to map it. There are still allot of people I talk to that are afraid to dive into VDJ script. With that said, I love it, but it could be easier. Not to mention the incredible amount of deatil in the macros in that NSFX map that you wrote. There are so many chained commands that it is hard to decide where to start without screwing it all up.

That being said, I can help with customizations if anybody needs this. Just PM me with the details of what you would like it to do and I will do my best. I recently dove in myself so I am fairly familiar with it and made a bunch of changes for they way I use VDJ. Unfortunatley, they are all far too specific to post it as a "general NSFX map" for download.

hey having map problems with nsfx controller can you help. What is the proper way config. the fx controller

Inviato Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 2:54 pm
Not sure man, PM me with the issuses you are having and I will help the best I can to remap it.

Either that or I can send you my NS7 "kit". That uses my latest VDJ4 deck modifed skin (posted Here ) and the custom mappings not posted here for the NS7 & NSFX. I am totally happy with it for the most part.

Inviato Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 8:58 am
sinacvPRO InfinityMember since 2011
mine works but not all the time, i have to restart vdj like 10 times to get it to work. each time the the keys do different stuff.
it seems like i will have no luck getting the right answer

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 7:04 pm
Hey man, it sounds like the NSFX is not set up for the right decks. VD7 can put (and has in my case) the NSFX as a seperate controler for other decks 3 & 4. Try this:

Go to the VDJ config menu and then the mapper tab.

Select the NSFX for Deck 1 & 2 or Left & Right (like I have). It sould work correctly now.

Inviato Sat 16 Jul 11 @ 3:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)