Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My one Request - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have seen the new virtualdj and love the stability and such. But I must make just one request to the dev team. Please please please work at a little better time-code algorithm. Maybe even release a Second kind of timecode vinyl...I just can't get the scratching to sound to GOOD. Everything else is great...but the scratching with virtualdj just does NOT compare to what mixvibes or serato...or even final scratch can do, or how it sounds. This is my only request.

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 7:59 am
I dont think that new tcv's will be needed for this. Im sure the dev team can get it done via software...

Killabee44

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 5:24 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 6:30 pm
heh I've been backing this up for a while with you Apopsis and do agree that something needs to get done.

Inviato Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 8:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My only request too..although I haven't sampled all the other s/w to be honest like Technical DJ. I know vinyl and it's not quite there....yet.

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 4:35 am
Good topic Apopsis- I put in my input.

Inviato Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 9:49 pm
''HMMMM''...You guy's have to be careful you don't scare people like me away with what you write...REMEMBER!!!! I have not decided whether I need or want VIRTUAL D.J SOFTWARE....And reading this makes me think ''HMMMM''...

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 1:25 pm
sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi DJ-Wazza.

This should not scare you off. Any reputable forum will allow us be honset and not delete constructive criticism. No one here wants to buy you to snake oil. In the long run, if you have a solid product and good support, which I believe Virtual DJ has both these bases covered, dialog like this only makes the product better for all of us.

BTW I have not tried the time coded vinyl yet so I cannot comment on it until then. Believe me if it sucks I will post my comments here for the world to see. I will say though the application is very good. Best I have used thus far.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:34 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
This is cutting edge technology.
If you want to be a part of it, buy it, use it, test it and report.
If you DON'T want to or are afraid, just step aside and make room for somebody else.
Scare you off??? Yer kidding...

All of these programs are in a certain stage of development, I don't care what program you pick.
You either have an older program with no features but playback, or new programs that are a work in progress.
If you want to complain, buy a program that is 2 years along waiting for it to become stable and functional with nothing but promises. That is what we call vaporware, it can be so much fun. Many of us have come from that situation so this is major relief believe me.

Or you can always wait until it's perfect, but that might be a wait.
Do you really want to wait?
None of us here wanted to wait, we want cutting edge so we use it and report.
That is what these fellers are doing, reporting.

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 2:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Well said Rick !

Inviato Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 7:04 pm
''OK...Don't get me wrong"...I think V .DJ is good software...The 4 reasons I would buy V D.J and not the other D.J software(serato scratch live & final scrtch 2) is... 1*...I can use the MAYA usb 44 card for other programs(cubase ,reason & RMX)...2*...To be able mix video with T.C.C.D... 3*...The net radio station is to cool!!!...You can not do that with the other programs...4*...The big one, it is a lot CHEAP'ER ....So the reason I wrote what I wrote was because any NEW BEBY that has not done the research I have into all P.C base software like this, might think "HMMMM" V D.J doesn't sound good, I will not buy it...And that would be a SHAME!!!!!

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 3:09 am
I am having trouble with the time code when played back from a professional CD deck Denon S1000

I wish it would work as well as Serato Scratch Live!

Inviato Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:07 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I finally demo'd serato..TCV's work better in VDJ. Not perfect but better.

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:32 am
You must mean TCV's work better THAN VDJ, or else you didn't have Serato set up properly...cause using serato for scratching is out of this world- there algorithms are SO much cleaner, which makes sense because Serato Scratch Live is purely setup to run on Time Code. VDJ is setup to run off of MANY different types of controllers, or even no controller at all...so it would only make sense that when using Time Coded Vinyl Serato would be the better program.

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:13 am
Bump

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 6:35 am
i was on the fence about virtual dj for about 11 days, bought it, and i would recommend it to anyone who has any interest in djing, whether using it like a "toy", or professonally, ive been thoroughly impressed with everything VDJ 3.0 has had to offer so-far.

well done to everyone @ VDJ staff.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 11:10 am
I definitely agree with clownius. A great software i have been using for a long time... i just rEALLY want the scratching with TCV to get better because... that %50 of what i do...sigh.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 7:11 pm
i posted a topic just after the release of v3, about the scratching sound being worse in v3 than previous versions (especially when scratching slowly)... didn't get many replies though, so I ask again: Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 7:55 pm
well- i'm sure if its gotten "worse", but it certainly might have. I've just noticed its bad all around. They really need to work out a better algorithm, so it tracks is better and what not. Apopsis has been able to clarify all the problems quite well. Please please please. I really don't want to switch to another program, and i know if it gets better then MANY more people will hop on.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 8:22 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes after i tested it i thought it sounded ok but not "real" enough, even after i got over the latency hump. i was curious, if i scratched with the mouse it sound alot better sometimes, shouldn't that be the same sound? for me that would make a huge difference in the program.

Inviato Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 9:14 pm
91%