Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Mapping Verbs/Swap Decks - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hello friends:

Here's my question. Is there a way to make my MacBook Pro running VDJ 7.0.4 recognize my 2 DN-S3700s as "Left Deck" & "Right Deck"?
The reason for this is that I want to map the same button on both controllers via midi to be able to toggle between decks 1 & 3 on my left 3700 and decks 2 & 4 on my right one. I am a total fan of the TCMania skins from DJDad and am currently using the "4Deck Swap". But as far as I'm concerned, the suggested mappings on this thread do not seem to work on my case because I can only assign decks 1, 2, 3, 4 or all to the each of the controllers, where as for example, on my American Audio DP-2 I don't have this issue because I can choose 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 while assigning the decks.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Alex.

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 1:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the leftdeck/rightdeck scripts do not work for you, then try this one, and let me know if it works for you.

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller "s3700" 1 : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller "s3700" 1 : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller "s3700" 2 : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller "s3700" 2

or
action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller "s3700" 1 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller "s3700" 1 & deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller "s3700" 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller "s3700" 2 & deck 2 rightdeck

Inviato Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 9:41 am
Wooow! Thanks a lot DJDad! I'll get my hands on that gear until saturday unfortunately, but the scripts do look like they could do the job. I'll let you know as soon as I test them. You're the man!

Cheers, Alex.

Inviato Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 2:09 am
DJDad, Hi!

So I was finally able to try the mapping settings you suggested but unfortunately none of them seem to work. I mapped the midi instruction to the "A/B Trim" button and nothing happens on either side. I assigned the controllers to "All" on the Config Tab. My guess is that VDJ seems to "see a duplicate controller" on this case when not assigning a specific virtual deck (1, 2, 3 or 4) to each of the Denons.

If any other ideas come to your brilliant mapping mind please let me know!

Cheers, Alex.

Inviato Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 12:00 am
If you go to Config->Mappers->Mappers options do you see as Deck Assignment something like deck 1, deck 2, deck 3 , deck 4 (4 options) for each S3700 ?

If you assign 4 keyboard shortcuts as
deck 3 assign_controller "s3700" 1
deck 1 assign_controller "s3700" 1
deck 4 assign_controller "s3700" 2
deck 2 assign_controller "s3700" 2

does it work for you ?

Btw, i just saw a small typo error in my above code. I edited, so you may try that again.

Inviato Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 4:41 am
That is correct; when I go to Config->Mappers->Mappers options, I see as Deck Assignment: deck 1, deck 2, deck 3 , deck 4 and "All" (5 options) for each S3700.

Let me see if I get you... When you suggest that I assign keyboard shortcuts for each virtual Deck, are you saying that I also have to map one of the instructions you suggested in your previous post? Or only the keyboard shortcuts without any extra mapping settings?

When I started to learn a bit of mapping, I thought that maybe I should use different midi channels on the 3700s for VDJ to recognize them as two different hardwares, so that way, combined options like "Deck 1 & Deck 3" appeared selectable on the Deck Assignment button of the Mapper's Tab. But I was never able to get VDJ to recognize other than Midi Channel 1.

Thanks a lot for helping me with this one mate!

Inviato Thu 07 Jul 11 @ 12:30 am
kendo79PRO InfinityMember since 2010
How do you mapp a whole Paige

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 8:54 pm
Why is this thread not a sticky anymore??

Huey

Inviato Thu 08 Sep 11 @ 11:25 pm
Hello im using a Ion Icue Controller.. I always wanted to have the left side pitch assigned to deck 3 levels and right side pitch to deck 4..
Took me about an hour to find out. Key-Learn: PITCH. Action-Learn device_side 'left' ? deck 3 level : deck 4 level.
Only problem with this code is that its opposite.. If anyone knows how to revert it please help me :D

Inviato Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 12:01 pm
maherpLE userMember since 2011
Hi,

I have mapped the toggle deck 1/3 and 2/4 to the pitchbend(-) button. How can i make the pitchbend(-) button stay lit up on the left when deck 3 is selected and similarly for the right pitchbend(-) button and deck 4?

I used device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select :deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select for the toggle which was posted earlier in this thread.

Also, in vinyl mode, the left jogwheel will scratch both forward and reverse, on the right it will only scratch forward.

Thanks for the help!

Inviato Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 8:45 pm
For your second issue, smart scratch is enabled on the right deck. If you use the default skin, the smart scratch option is in the SCRATCH center panel (small locker).

as for the leds on the pitch bend, do you use the default mapper or any custom mapper/definition file ?

If you use the default def/mapper try to assign this action to Pitchbend (-)...
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? off & deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : on & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? off & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : on & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 12:04 am
maherpLE userMember since 2011
Thanks for that, i don't ever use scratch.

That string did exactly what i wanted it to do thank you djdad.

Inviato Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 4:30 am
leledtPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello,
I have 2 numark NDX 800 + Hercules rmx.

What i'm tryng to do is to use (i do it with no problems with 2 decks) those nd800 with no 4 decks.

This is the script i try : (a tried lot other script, but it seems to be the closest, because of the "assign_controller" never seen on other scripts)

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 1 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 1 & deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 2 & deck 2 rightdeck

SO, i understand that (like multiple if then else) IF you push the switch button on your cdj and it is in that moment (on VDJ) on deck 1, then it assign the controller 1 and the leftdeck to deck 3 , IFNOT it do reverse, and so on for the 4 and 2 other decks.

I thinks it's a way to say : i push a button, and if the red light is on, lighte the red one. I do agree on this, but cannot divide the "left" and the "right" on the two cdj's !!!!!!!!!!! AND why, if i push the "play" button, the program (in 2 or more decks) it knows EXACTLY from which cd it come ?????

My problem is :

1) I chose the PITCHBEND- button only, because the PITCHBEND+ dont want to work (WHY???)
2)(the script) changes number of decks occasionally. (It is not possible to know exactly from which cdj the command come) it seems that there is no difference from left cdj and right one.
3) Is there a way to fisically divide the controllers (cdj) ?? .. i mean like mac address for net devices or so on, to know exactly to come from ?
4) i tried it with the rmx connected and not connected. it's the same.
5) i tried to divide the script, and assign it to PITCHBEND- on the left cdj -->
action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 1 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 1 & deck 1 leftdeck

---
and to PROG button on the right cdj-->
action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 2 & deck 2 rightdeck

NO, does'nt work... the only thing it works, is the eject button that switch decks 1-4 ..... 2-1 .... 3-2 ... 4-3 etc...

I'm really frustrated :-D

Lot of time to study OO and systems, and i made a really fooooool with my 9 yo son.
Please, if some one can help me, i appreciate, a 0.o daddy.

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 12 @ 11:03 am
leledt wrote :
Hello,
I have 2 numark NDX 800 + Hercules rmx.

What i'm tryng to do is to use (i do it with no problems with 2 decks) those nd800 with no 4 decks.

This is the script i try : (a tried lot other script, but it seems to be the closest, because of the "assign_controller" never seen on other scripts)

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 1 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 1 & deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 2 & deck 2 rightdeck

SO, i understand that (like multiple if then else) IF you push the switch button on your cdj and it is in that moment (on VDJ) on deck 1, then it assign the controller 1 and the leftdeck to deck 3 , IFNOT it do reverse, and so on for the 4 and 2 other decks.

I thinks it's a way to say : i push a button, and if the red light is on, lighte the red one. I do agree on this, but cannot divide the "left" and the "right" on the two cdj's !!!!!!!!!!! AND why, if i push the "play" button, the program (in 2 or more decks) it knows EXACTLY from which cd it come ?????

My problem is :

1) I chose the PITCHBEND- button only, because the PITCHBEND+ dont want to work (WHY???)
2)(the script) changes number of decks occasionally. (It is not possible to know exactly from which cdj the command come) it seems that there is no difference from left cdj and right one.
3) Is there a way to fisically divide the controllers (cdj) ?? .. i mean like mac address for net devices or so on, to know exactly to come from ?
4) i tried it with the rmx connected and not connected. it's the same.
5) i tried to divide the script, and assign it to PITCHBEND- on the left cdj -->
action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 1 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 1 & deck 1 leftdeck

---
and to PROG button on the right cdj-->
action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 2 & deck 2 rightdeck

NO, does'nt work... the only thing it works, is the eject button that switch decks 1-4 ..... 2-1 .... 3-2 ... 4-3 etc...

I'm really frustrated :-D

Lot of time to study OO and systems, and i made a really fooooool with my 9 yo son.
Please, if some one can help me, i appreciate, a 0.o daddy.

i did it. Solved it... fiuuuuu i really beg that nowere are usefull, vdjscript explanation.
so i solved putting an if on witch side came the signal, and add deck on that part, with a refresh. so, it now does work, but not with the pitchbend button !!!!! i'm going to add the pfl, so i repost the entire solution.
Bye and thanks, lele !!

Inviato Mon 23 Jul 12 @ 1:13 pm
this :

----- with no RMX PLUGGED ----
SWITCH :
key-> PROG (PROGRAM in vdj)

SYNC : (in vdj)

key -> eject
action -> sync

VOLUMES :

here i want that always, stop knob on left cdj to manage the deck 1 volume in vdj, and start knob on left cdj to manage the deck 3 volume. the same for the rgich cdj, manage volumes x deck 2 and 4.

key -> STOP
action -> action_deck 1 ? deck 1 volume : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 volume : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 volume : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 volume

key -> START
action -> action_deck 1 ? deck 3 volume : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 volume : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 volume : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 volume

----------------- with rmx plugged ----
so with rmx plugged in , it become controller 1, so the cdj (left) controller 2 and right 3.

this is the mappeing for prog button :

<map value="PROGRAM" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 3 assign_controller 3 & deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 assign_controller 3 & deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 assign_controller 2 & deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 assign_controller 2 & deck 2 rightdeck" />

dunno why, when i use to change mapping by settings->Mappers after a while it mess up with xml tags ... so an hint, even do editing on xml mapper file directly.

Salùt , EDT

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 7:38 am
i'm gonna be addicted with this vdjscript...

so :

now i want that :

1) PITCHBEND- on left cdj, light on/off the pfl on deck 1

1) PITCHBEND- on right cdj, light on/off the pfl on deck 2

1) PITCHBEND+ on left cdj, light on/off the pfl on deck 3

1) PITCHBEND+ on right cdj, light on/off the pfl on deck 4

questo il tag :

<map value="PITCHBEND-" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 pfl : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pfl" />
<map value="PITCHBEND+" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 pfl : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 pfl" />

ora con i canali 1-8 impostati maualmente qualcosa esce fuori :-)

Salùt edt

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 8:09 am
i changed the pfl settings , from PITCHBEND-+ to HOTCUE (buttons on cdjs) ... cause i never use them, and cause of they can show you with theyr on lights if the pfl is lighet on or off.

so in the map.

<map value="HOTCUE_1" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 pfl : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pfl" />
<map value="HOTCUE_2" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 pfl : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 pfl" />
<map value="LED_HOTCUE_1" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 1 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 pfl ? on : off" />
<map value="LED_HOTCUE_2" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 pfl ? on : off : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 pfl ? on : off" />
<map value="LCD_HOTCUE_1" action="" />
<map value="LCD_HOTCUE_2" action="" />

hope can be usefull to some one.

Saluti picciò !
edt

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 10:01 am
last:
if you use the switch script, any kind of, to switch from 1/3 2/4 or any way you want, the decks, remember to set the remix (with the remix plugged) to LEFT & RIGHT !! if not, the scripts mess up!
Salùt, EDT

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 2:03 am
Hi everybody,

How can I get deck 3 and 4, from deck 1 and 2, pushing Automix (at the same time)? I don't mind crossfader, EQ, effects, etc...

Thank you

P.D.: This code works fine without playing, but playing it does nothing:

deck_active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck default loaded ? deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck : deck active select & deck 1 select ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 select ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 3 select ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 4 rightdeck

Inviato Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 3:38 pm
Ok I can get VDJ and my Mixdeck to go from left 1- 3, right 2- 4 and everything works that way but when I play deck 3 or 4 I have no sound...... What am I doing wrong here?

Inviato Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 1:39 am
97%