Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skinless, Serious VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MZmudaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, Guys,

Will there ever be a version of VDJ that is skinless, or at least have an unskinned, windowed version available? Please don't tell me that "that's impossible," since 99% of all programs out there are skinless (MSWord, Adobe Audition, etc...)

I have this dream that, instead of having VDJ's capabilities be defined by the skin which I have selected, I can instead go to a configuration screen and select the configurations I'd like.

For example: a resolution independent VDJ where I can have multiple decks (maybe 2, maybe 6, maybe 7...) and can add / remove them at whim (or scroll through them a la the itunes Album interface,) and can shrink that window to access my "crates", then resize VDJ (the host application) to extend onto both of my computer monitors (all 3200x1200 pixels of 'em,) having a media browser up, previewing a video in another window (and minimizing that when I don't need it, etc...)

I just hate having to build a "skin" in order to do everything. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to be able to make the "turntable" flourescant pink and the faders yellow, but c'mon... there's nothing wrong with giving users a fully software extensible (via configuration) interface without requiring the user to draw "hardware."

Pretty please? For VDJ8?

Thanks -

- Z

Inviato Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 7:45 pm
Whilst I can see your point and I actually like the idea.

There are many users out there that wouldn't like this. They like VDJ to imitate their controller and/or hardware. One of VDJs biggest selling points (IMO) is that it can be whatever the user wants it to be , it can be a simple computer program or can look like a Hercules RMX or CDJ- the list is endless.

In principal what your asking for is excellent, however (IMO - again) for most users probably not top of the list!!

Inviato Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 3:56 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)