Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Virus in VDJ download? Using Norton?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've seen a few posts on this and have had quite a few PMs too so figured it was worth a post.

Norton is currently identifying some downloaded addons from the VDJ website as being potentially infected.

Submissions to the VirtualDJ website are verified by Atomix teamers before being made available, and the executables are compiled server side not by the user.

It's extremely unlikely these files will be infected so don't panic - if you want to be doubly sure then use a different AV scanner. I would personally advise against using Norton AV anyway!

Inviato Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 9:54 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Norton sucks. It flagged my old Filters v2.0 as a virus, while it was simply packed with UPX (seldom used to embed viruses). What a lame piece of A/V software... I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials and has always worked correctly, without noticing its presence. Yes, it is Microsoft's... and is ok! :D

Inviato Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 5:48 am
So what should we do in order to download the plugins? I too use Norton and it will not let me download them.

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 7:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just disable Norton, before downloading a VDJ Add-on

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 8:46 pm
A small tipp:
If you are not sure if your Anti Virus has made a false positive,
disable it and upload the file (max. 128MB i think) to
https://www.virustotal.com/

(Google it if you don't trust me =D)
The site basicly scans your file with all commercially available Anti-Virus programs and tells you how likely it is that the file is evil.
It also shows a user rating so you can see what other people know about that file if its dangerous or not.
Be sure to also rate your file (no login required) to help other people detect threats and false-positives more quickly.

Sorry if wrote anything wrong, i don't have the time for check reading =)
Regards,
Daniel

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 12:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)