Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: video crashes

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djhoodyHome userMember since 2007
Ok So just purchased a brand new laptop (spec below)

HP Pavilion dv7-4040sa Core i5
Screen size - 17.3 in - 1600 x 900
Processor - Intel Core i5 - 2.26 GHz
RAM - 4 GB
Hard Drive - 500 GB
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Optical Drive - DVD Rewriter
Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Webcam - Integrated
M Audio Fast track pro soundcard
numark dmc 2
virtual dj 5.0
Grand hand view iii video convertor

Took my laptop to my gig last night and about two hours into gig videos started to freeze on loading.

I also noticed that the mouse pointer kept jamming intermittently when scrolling through folders.

As I loaded the last video I played last night I got an error message telling me

"virtual dj had stopped responding and to click on the smiley face and everthing should return to normal"

Unfortunatly it didnt.

Virtual dj closed itself and I had to restart and play the final two hours of my gig with audio.

As Im djing with videos I always use the full video screen so I can keep my eye on cpu usage. In this respect everything looked fine. I also clicked on enable hardware acceleration

I also understand that it is a good idea to run the software in compatibility mode with service pack 2 for windows. Is this true ? as this was passed on info from another virtual dj user.

Could it be corrupt videos or a general error/something vdj doesnt like? Video card ?

Id really really appreciate any help with this issue as Ive just got this laptop and I wanna continue using this software but its a bit embarrassing when these things happen.

Inviato Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 3:34 pm
I think if you had the Pro version of VDJ you might not have these problems...IDK, but you should post this in the PC support forum for a better reply.

Inviato Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 8:03 pm
Since you have a new laptop I would definately try to get rid of all the useless programs they put on when new and disable others.
Then check for any new drivers that may have been released.
After all of that, I would run the DPC Latency Checker.
Hope it works out for you.

Inviato Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 3:43 am
Sounds like your computer is getting too hot, install a program like speedfan and monitor your cpu/gpu temp... I notice similiar problems when my laptop reaches about 160 degrees....

Inviato Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 11:17 am
Also thought of something else to try, I play the video in the smallest resolution that I can no need to have them in the highest resolution the computer can output. Try setting too 800x600 or whatever the lowest resolution the tvs will accept, this too will help the computer run smoother

Inviato Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 11:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)