Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Video Distraction Question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Wondering how vDJ video mixing DJs deal with an audience that is distracted by the music videos they spin instead of partying on the dancefloor.

I am asking vDJ dev team to add a slideshow option for the playing deck with random timing, which would slideshow between the actual video and one or more visuals. This way the audience isn't too tempted to simply stand and watch an entire video.

In the interim, I suppose the DJ can mix in a few seconds of a video, then back to the audio only of the track or, mix to the next audio only song. This method has been used before in conventional club play environments.

Comments or alternate suggestions ????

Inviato Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:14 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
digijoc-Mele:

Since about three weeks ago I have been DJing video throughout the night at the club, and I have not seen a difference in the turning heads. The ones that want to dance are dancing and the ones walking around or sitting are still carring on conversations and catching a good show with the videos on the screens. I guess people at my club are just use to having something playing on the screens. In the past it was everything from Surfing, Skiing, Ambients, etc. Now when they look up they may catch the video for the song that's playing. So, I guess it would depend on what your crowd is already use too.

cstoll

Inviato Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:26 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)