Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Add "KEY" and "BPM".......... - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Bumping because hitting a wall with this. Hope VDJ8 has better tagging (like being able to batch write tags back to files directly).

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 9:45 am
While it would be nice, I still feel that there are far better options out there already.

I use MediaMonkey and ensure my tags are fully populated before adding the files to the VDJ Library. Even if I do find a mistake I can still re-read the tags in VDJ.

MediaMonkey is free to download, supports huge libraries with a very fast search engine and has a full scripting library to automate common tasks. Heck it even supports video and MP4 tagging now!

Why would I want the Atomix guys doing that kinda stuff when I really want them to be making the actual DJ functions work spot on.

There are companies out there putting as much effort in to digital library managers as Atomix put in to Virtual DJ. I know what I would prefer to use...

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 11:57 am
It's really standard practice to be able your edit your tags right from the browser with almost all Dj software. For the average user like myself this is fine but for people like Roy you have other options which you clearly take advantage of. So I stick by my initial post......

Inviato Sat 20 Apr 13 @ 10:31 am
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
MediaMonkey doesn't detect keys, though. All I want is a simple script to extract the key data from VDJ's database to ID3 so that I can use Windows Explorer instead of the file browser to navigate my music. Surely that can't be too hard for someone with basic programming knowledge to create?

Inviato Mon 13 May 13 @ 9:02 pm
There are tools already available from the download section here which can take data from the VDJ database and write it to tags.

FYI the key data from VDJ is not very accurate anyway, because it's biased towards minor keys.

You may have noticed the abundance of A (or m) keys in the browser.....

In my experience (and opinion) the results from Mixed In Key are more accurate - and it can be set to write the results to your files.

Inviato Tue 14 May 13 @ 6:10 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That may be true groovindj, but the operative motive here I believe has to do with keeping keys as closely matched as possiible for Djin' purposes, it's not like you're playing an instrument thru Ableton for a recording, It works and it's standard for Djin'...

There is a plugin you can download that will write keys from your tags or from your database to tags..

Inviato Tue 14 May 13 @ 8:11 am
read / write bpm and key from / to tags, make it a user choice.

+++++++++++++1

Inviato Thu 30 May 13 @ 5:34 pm
schuitsHome userMember since 2013
I know this is an old thread, but.

I'm writing a program to copy the VDJ BPM and KEY to the Id3v2 tag and visa versa.
Should be done by end today or tomorrow after testing.

If theres any interest I'll make it available to the public.
New features can be added later.

-edit-

Ah nevermind. I see Phantoms 'small tagger' mentioned on the previous page already does this.

Inviato Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 2:12 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)