Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pic of vdj setups

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi all,

Just finished putting my lil setup together and been waiting to show it off. anyways if you wanna take a look at it, check out my blog.

I made the case from plywood and just added the fittings and carpeted it. The lid is coffin hinge lid so its pretty good for carrying around etc. Case is sitting on a 2 tier keyboard stand which seems perfect for my laptop to sit on.

Anyways would love to see other pics of more setups..
pls post!

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 7:48 am

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:09 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Thanks djaditya, that sounds great, i might purchase it for my computer :-)

Nice setup Luke! Would love to have the same hardware ;)

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:23 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rids nice job. I built my own case, but it is not as compact as yours.

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 1:58 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Looks good Rids.
I'm in the process of building a wheel around console as I carry two rack mounted amps which are quite heavy. (One is a backup - yeh I know - I'm paranoid!)
It definitely helps when you can just take off the lid plug in your speakers and play. Going home twenty mins after finishing playing is always nice too!! :)
Craig

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 2:12 pm
What do you attach the computer on? Seems usefull in my case. Nice way of saving space, especially if you're a bar-dj with limited space available.

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 4:55 pm

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 5:45 pm
I recently worked out my budget and couldnt make that rackmount;(
But, now, I'm working on my pc chassis side pannels. Im cutting two rectangular holes (leaving about 2 inches of original metal,) on each side of the case, and then molding 2 plexi-glass sheets into it to form windows.kinda like this one: http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15001#
A cheap and handy solution! Then recently visited some webs and got groovy customisation stuff for the case!
Anyone interested please have a look at these web pages!
Im sure anyone (even if not interested can have a look!)
www.pccasegear.com (amazing stuff but ships only to aus)
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=77109

btw, Great work on that setup lej! Love the work on plywood, really looks pro!

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 5:59 pm
correction, not lej, l_rids.
sorry :)

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 6:48 pm
WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE MY LAPTOP SIT UP LIKE URS IN YA PIC??? PLEASEE HELP

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 8:42 pm
Nice setup @ anewsome! I wish I saw your website earlier for ideas. My brother is a carpenter so it made things heaps easier. Recommend the use of rivets as it definitely looks pro.

My case and laptop is sitting on a keyboard stand designed to hold 2 keyboards. You can adjust angle and height of your laptop quite easily. The stand folds up in less than 10secs. My case is designed around being really mobile so it has a carry handle & weighs between 5-10kg. Recommend it for anyone who does mobile djing. Stand made by proel. I'm yet to deck out the rest of the case with foam, but getting it all custom cut on a water jet so the xp10's fit exact, then deck it with polished stainless.

I don't recommend including your amp in the rackmount because the amp is heavy enough to carry on its own. I have a carry sleeve for my amp and an aluminium case for my laptop. I can upload more pics if anyone wishes to have a look at the entire setup.

Having a led light sounds pretty good @ djaditya. I might chuck it in but might not go for the flashing thing.

Nice posts & links @ everyone

Inviato Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 10:43 pm

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 9:29 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
WOW! Guys you are crazy :P
I will make something like this next month. These photos are awesome!

Dj Nikki

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 6:47 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Great set-up Luke, like it alot.

You can see my home set-up by selecting my blog, I'm able to mix superbly with the hercules and mixer set-up, but i'm still hungry for a more reliable/advanced controller, XP10 just isn't for me though sadly.

So maybe Time coded CD's or something..

Inviato Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 11:36 pm
thanks for the comments guys

that is the stand i am using @ antileon, except i havnt got the mic & music stand attachment

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 05 @ 9:42 am
yeah ofcourse, thanks!

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 05 @ 10:20 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 05 @ 10:45 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
chabonk, this is great too. did you make it yourself or is it meant for CD-players originally? if you purchased it, can you share brand/price?
thx!
Nicolas

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 10:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)