Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NAMM 2011] American Audio VMS4 v2 & VMS2 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I got an email from American audio that hints at a new Version of the VMS4. I was wondering if anybody out there had any info on it.
Maybe they will wait to NAMM before they release any further info.

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 1:49 pm
Nothing official, but I guess there will be a lot of pissed off Mk1 owners if AA don't replace current consoles with the new build.

The mic problem is sortable with adapters but the low voltage leading to distorted output still has no solution and it's been months now.

Strangely there's nothing in the AA forum either but rumours here & there ....

Here's the thread to keep an eye on for new info: http://forums.americandj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/727105965/m/850107857

Keith

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 1:54 pm
I just opened another email they sent me yesterday and it drops another hint on the VMS4 version 2.
Look at what the winner of this American DJ contest gets.
Hopefully they got all the issues fixed on V2
Better start selling those old VMS4 peeps!

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 2:00 pm
i'll be real pissed. discounted price or not i'll be reeeeaaaal pissed.

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 4:34 pm
It can't be that top secret, we know what the problems have been and it looks like they're finally getting round to fixing them. Kieth has quite rightly pointed out that in the VMS4 forums many promises have been made but are yet to be delivered...

But as Synystr says, I'd be pretty pee'd off if the originals were not replaced - especially for those who have customised their units with StyleFlip covers ;-)

Roy

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 6:44 pm
I love that, you'll have to sell your old VMS4's!!

Bloody only been out 5 minuets

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 7:22 pm
My VMS4 is working fine , they came out with a solution for the mic , by using a Line transformer , as for low voltage , I don`t understand what you mean by this .

Now as far as the new VMS4 , When I was talking to one of the guys at American Audio , about the mic problem he did mention to be they are in the process of a new one , and it will be smaller .

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 10:31 pm
If they are coming out with a Version two, it will most likely be the same controller with the fixed flaws and a few enhancements. Look at the Vestax VCI 300. They came out with a VCI 300 Mk2 and improved The output, The Mic with no delays, Replaceable crossover & Jog wheel sensitivilty buttons plus two sizes for the headphone jacks.

It kind of sucks to buy a VMS4 and then hear about a Version 2 coming soon. If i owned one right now, I would just sell so i dont lose the value.

Inviato Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 11:40 pm
C'mon guys, that's the way things work. You buy the new stuff first, they already have a new unit in the works. That's how they make money. Do I have to mention the IPhone? AT&T has the worst service in the country, yet they sell like hotcakes. The 4G has a major flaw, yet they still buy them. I bought a Storm, and soon after they came out with a Storm 2. Do they owe me one because it is improved, and a flaw was fixed? As I recall, the alarms went off on the VMS4 as soon as it was released, that's why I don't have one. Most did not heed these warnings. They were listed right on this and other forums. I watched as they flew out of the AC convention, and thought, did these guys do any research at all? I wanted one of the new Denon units, but I am watching the reports on this forum. As you can see, there are some issues that need to be addressed. I did not have to be the first to have one. Maybe you guys will get some satisfaction, good luck.

Inviato Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 1:02 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
C'mon guys, that's the way things work. You buy the new stuff first, they already have a new unit in the works. That's how they make money. Do I have to mention the IPhone? AT&T has the worst service in the country, yet they sell like hotcakes. The 4G has a major flaw, yet they still buy them. I bought a Storm, and soon after they came out with a Storm 2. Do they owe me one because it is improved, and a flaw was fixed? As I recall, the alarms went off on the VMS4 as soon as it was released, that's why I don't have one. Most did not heed these warnings. They were listed right on this and other forums. I watched as they flew out of the AC convention, and thought, did these guys do any research at all? I wanted one of the new Denon units, but I am watching the reports on this forum. As you can see, there are some issues that need to be addressed. I did not have to be the first to have one. Maybe you guys will get some satisfaction, good luck.

I'm with you on this one, everybody should always expect flaws on a new product. Products are constantly getting better as they mature. I would be pissed if a 2nd version did not come out because I can see the potential in the unit. If they fixed all the flaws we discovered with Version 2 it will be perfect.

Just take this as a warning to sell your VMS4 and get ready for the new version.

For what it's worth, when I took my VMS4 down to their corporate headquarters here in Los Angeles they were going to swap out my unit only to find out all the other units they had in hand had the same problem. They told me to hold on till the new versions came out so I can get it swapped out. I of course didn't want to wait since they didn't have a firm date and I traded it away for an Xponent.

Inviato Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 11:48 am
I agree with AMAHM. I also have been waiting to buy a controller but have held off due to all the reported issues with pretty much every mid-range controller that has been released this year. Doesnt anybody test this stuff before its released??? Things like bad levels should surely be caught by the beta testers - its madness!!!

Inviato Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 11:53 pm
I wouldn't expect a product to be superseded within a month or two, that's ridiculous! and it's wrong to accept faulty products.

Inviato Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 3:56 am
i actually didn't have any issues with my vms4 at the last few gigs. i got the mic issue sorted, low volume isn't an issue as my and the clubs i play at sound systems are more than powerful enough. I even used it with a cdj tuesday night and it worked great. I didn't pay much for mine but it would still suck to see a new improved version come out a few weeks later. the smaller size why its small enough. any smaller its in practical for a non push button dj.

Inviato Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 5:29 am
I also agree with AMAHM, but also with Charlie. It's taken nearly 3 years for Hercules to better the RMX, Pioneer's CDJ's lasted 2-3 years between revisions...

It comes down to product testing. If a product is tested properly then these issues get ironed out before release. The mic issue is a prime example. I also find it difficult to believe the output levels could have been tested properly - in many scenarios and to extremes.

Yes by all means release new and improved versions, but it's a smack in the teeth when its so soon after an overly hyped pre-launch marketing campaign which worked, but has left AA feeling the pain...

But how about those poor suckers who are going to be sold these first batch of VMS4's by those "in the know" so that they can get their properly working VMS4? They will have no comeback whatsoever.

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 5:30 am

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 11:15 am
I REALLY hope they've got a plan in place to deal with all the owners of the original, who've had it less than six months.....

If not, their rep (what there is of it!) will go down the pan faster than a very fast thing going fast on fast day.

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 12:23 pm
Too funny!! Out with old in with the new...............

Good luck
Huey

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 12:27 pm
groovindj wrote :

If not, their rep (what there is of it!) will go down the pan faster than a very fast thing going fast on fast day.

LOL :)

I never posted this on the AA forum for obvious reasons, but the Denon MC6000 may be a bit more expensive but it's sooooo much better. I suppose I'm lucky being in the situation where the price difference wasn't an issue, but the VMS4 in my opinion is a brilliant controller with a piss poor mixer.

The Denon has it all perfectly in one unit.

Keith

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 12:32 pm
I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that it's only got two stereo USB audio channels, not four like the VMS4.

They even gave it deck change buttons. Why? You can't run four s/w decks with it!

This also means that it can't do the 4 in/4 out config for time code the way the VMS4 does.

What else can I find? Only one XLR for mic....

If Denon had given it USB on all four inputs, I would have sent back my VMS4 and paid the extra - but almost twice the price and only half the USB channels? That for me is a BIG fail.

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 1:32 pm
For the first time I think we (Groovindj) actually agree on something!! Why Denon did it that way ill never understand............

Huey

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 1:47 pm
45%