Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bitrate? - Page: 4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Dont do that, 2x times compressing your files is bad.

Inviato Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 4:44 am
the result will be worse than ripping again in 160kbps.

IF you pack a wave file it's not like it just looses some information, but it adds some
let's say "noise".

when you try to repack the mp3 file it gets converted from mp3 to wav with this "noise"

the re-compressing of this wav to 192kbit is tconsidering this "noise" as the useful info
that has to be in the music and tryes to pack it. But due to the compression
it is not packed exactly and there is added some more bad info around this "noise".

It is similar to the jpeg images if you zoom closer to some images you see the dots around
some high contrast shapes. Some people just take the picture, add their logo and again save
it as jpeg. You can see that the unwanted dots around the sharp shapes are growing up ;-)

If you want lower quality files (192kbps) rerip the cd's
but actually i found out that sorting out the songs and deleting unnecessary ones is the best solution for me. I still have a song on cd. Count how many hours of music you have. You don't have to be a jukebox that has everything :-) just make a good mood and make people dance. They'll forgive you if you don't have some songs. You can still add special requests to your HDD for the next occassion.

Inviato Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 11:15 am
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I will say that after doing tests, 192+ has got that more clarity, smoother etc.

I will be using 192+ in the future, and when I get chance do what Lopez said
"sorting out the songs and deleting unnecessary ones"

Cheers Guys! :D

Great help!

Inviato Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 1:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Ok, good choice.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 2:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)