Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Password & Lock

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I would like a lock for VDJ and Controller System.

Sometimes when you have a call of nature, some bright sparks tinkers with laptop and controller.

I would like a password lock system to disable VDJ from any input including any controllers attached (except Remotes).

And when you input the password,

If external controllers have been tampered with, VDJ to continue running with controller setting prior to locking of VDJ, and a pop up to appear telling of any adjustments to any controllers that have happened, so that you can reset the changes. then when you click OK, only then to allow the controller to take control again.

IS it possible? I think It would be a great idea.

Anyone agree?

Inviato Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 3:59 pm
I can certainly see the benifits of it . . .

. . . although it wouldn't work to lock a separate mixer or where the pc is using a multi chanel soundcard into a mixer but it would certainly be a benifit to keep muppets from pressing buttons on controllers that are becomming ever more complex.

This could be built in to the exisiting lock on user locks systen on windows (don't knwo about macs - probably similar) but it would need to be modified to lock the controller too as they user lock only affects the keyboard/mouse normally.

Good idea.

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 5:04 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1 I alway lock the PC but never thought of the controller... until I did this house party. Not much was going on where the system was (in the basement). As I was half way through "ansewring the call" music stops... then sensless scratching, pausing, then play, then repeat...

I get down there and there were a few people that had gone down to listen/dance and everyone is look at me wondering what is going on. I get to the next room where the PC and controller was set up (away from drinks and drunks) with some @** clown that followed my cords to the pot of gold (my controller) in the next room and was hunched over it doing whatever he wants. He looks at me like I was another guest and whent back to playing with my stuff!

Broke it up professionally and got things moving again. But he hovered over me constantly. Had to wonder just who does that, but my next thought was how can I lock that. Haven't taken a house party since. They never pay great, but money is money when you are sitting at home for free.

My idea is it would be nice to make VDJ, PC, controllers lock when iRemote logs in! if you think about it, people who have controlers have not reason to log in with iRemote unless you aee not in front of the PC. Just a thought.

Inviato Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 10:13 am
Yes, it's hard to beleive that both the hardware manufactures and software developers haven't addressed the issue years ago.

Inviato Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 6:01 am
As I was thinking about this the other day, it might be more of a driver thing (driver for your controler)...

Inviato Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 9:07 am
I know there is a skin that can be locked, not at home but I think its a Multi something by Squatman I believe . You click on his email address in the skin to unlock it. Now wether it gets applied to the keyboard I don't know cause I've never used it personally.

Huey

Inviato Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 1:52 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can You Just Set Your Screen Saver To Black And Lock In 20min,And Not Let Your CP Go To Sleep?

Inviato Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 3:38 pm
Locking the PC is not the issue. Locking the controller is. When you lock your PC, the controller still controls VDJ, scratch, pause, stop, etc.

Planum shiny spinning vinyl is to drunks, is like a bug zapper to flys. They know the shouldn't touch it, but they just can't control themselves. Never even cosidering that they can stop the music completly. Even when they do, they just keep going like they are the only one there.

Inviato Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 6:15 pm
You could do this by mapping, e.g;

Map a key combination (E.g: CTRL+ALT+L) on your keyboard to the following:

toggle '$lockctrl'

(Using the keyboard will prevent anyone from being able to press the shortcut key when you lock your computer with CTRL+ALT+DEL)

Then add the following to the beginning of the mapping for each button, knob, slider, jogwheel, etc. on the controller:

var '$lockctrl' ? nothing :

E.g:

var '$lockctrl' ? nothing : play_pause

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 12:40 pm
Very good idea! Thanks

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 9:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're feeling really humiliating, instead of nothing, fire off a nice embarrassing sample ;)

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 9:32 pm
Excellent workaround.

Only problem I can see would be, if faders (volumes pitch etc), knobs (gain effecs etc) were adjusted, as soon as you were to unlock the controller the new setting would kick in.

Inviato Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 6:11 pm
For pitch. volume, gain and crossfader this should not be a problem because these are normally mapped to soft take-over functions such as pitch_slider, gain_slider, etc. so that no adjustment will occur until the knob is moved back to the correct position.

EQ's do not currently have this capability.

Inviato Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 1:11 pm
I would never leave my gear unattended. I'd always get a security guard to watch my kit if I needed to shoot away.

Inviato Sun 27 Feb 11 @ 12:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)