Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3 Gain

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I believe if you want to change the gain from always 0db to say -2 db; you would need to change the setting to always match, then load a song on deck 1 and set the db's. thereafter the gain should always go to -2db. However it doesn't work for me. Is there something else I need to do?

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 1:27 pm
there are two gains:

one gain is the "volume of the song" for example some songs show -8db for me some -1.5db

the other gain is the gain from the knob, - the correction.

So if you set your gain to always match VDJ will try to match "song gain" + "your gain" to be the same on both decks.

If you set the auto gain to disable and set both decks to -2db correction, result will be that song that "sounds" -4 db will be played played at -6db.

When I was experimenting with skin there is an option to see two values, the song's gain and your gain correction+songgain.

The total gain jumpes because of differencies in volumes of mp3's but the knobs stay untouched.

Inviato Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 1:58 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lopez, thanks.
On the VDJ prgm; the auto in the fame settings is set to always 0 db. I thought you could change that setting to something different, and it would stay at whatever setting you change it to. (just like it is now set up at 0 db)

Inviato Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 1:03 pm
when set to always 0db, for me vdj tryes to always compensate the volume of mp3 and adds itself the correction to be together 0 db.

Inviato Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 3:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)